If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    My Boats:
    1990 Mirage 257 , twin 6.2 MX
    Vancouver B.C Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Glenn View Post
    kickin that racing fairing...running all stock stuff ..32P..what do you know about turning the props direction inward ? a computer chip?

As you probably already know ,90% of the Fountains run their props inward. I run my props inward on my Mirage and it helped getting rid of the chinewalk considerably and picked up around 2 mph .With the props turning out was a dream for handling around the docks with shifters only.Turning inward I now have to use the throttles slightly.No biggie.

Don't know if the 525's ECM can be reflashed or not ,but I would stay with the stock tune , unless you always fill up on land where high octane is available at Chevron. I have a superchip tuner for my Mustang and I found no benefit when I tuned the car for 91+. The engine was built for 87 [ fast burn ] and it runs just as great as when I tuned for 91.Just my 0.02 .

Ps; my boat used to chinewalk pretty bad running on the delta pad only, turning the props inward allowed the stern to sink a tad ,so the chines can stabilize the hull better without using too much tab. Here's short clip showing a rock solid ride with the props turning in.
    Last edited by spectras only; 04-01-2009 at 06:04 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234