Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Power Bowrider Recomendations >

Power Bowrider Recomendations

Notices

Power Bowrider Recomendations

Old 04-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Not sure about the performance of the Caravelle, but I know they always advertise "no wood" construction. So if anything it should last a long time. Probably longer than the Volvo hanging off the back of it
Old 04-02-2009, 11:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthShore4x4
I want a powerboat and wifey wants a bowrider. The Caravelle interceptor seems to fit this bill pretty well.. I have found a 2004 Volvo 350 GXI 320 HP with 50 hours for about 22k. Its right in my price range.. The baja islanders are ok but to get inmy price range I would have to go much older.. Any other boats yall can recommend or is the Interceptor about all that is out there as for speedy bowrider??

Thanks,

Mike
Houston, TX
I'm a little biased, but, the SUNSATION Mid Cabin Open Bow rocks! I have a 2007 32 MCOB, and absolutely love it. Its the best of both worlds. My dad has a 2004, 288 MCOB also, and he might be interested in getting rid of it. Not sure what he would want, but let me know, and I might be able to find out.

Last edited by 07DominatorSS; 04-02-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:06 AM
Registered

with my budget I am topping out at 25k.. Just got too many other toys to drop 40-50k on a boat right now.. I also run lifted mud ATV's as a hobby too.. Got 2 of those..
Oh well pay to play
Old 04-03-2009, 07:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Im detailing a buddies Baja 252 Islander. Mechanically it is excellent, hull is very good, and interior is above average, has a tear in the seem of the back seat. I use the boat all the time and is a great overall boat for skiing, island hopping and is used mostly cruising up and down the river here. He was asking 35k, dropped it down to 24k and now his job transfer is closer..so I bet 20k buys it..If you need more info let me know. Thanks Jeff
Old 04-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Registered

If you want a bowrider that delivers bang for the buck and solid performance, check out a Rinker, Ebbtide or a CrownLine. I'd give both companies an edge in quality over Caravelle. Sea Ray, Cobalt, Chaparral and Regal are probably the top tier in this category, but if you're on a budget, the Rinker or CrownLine should be on your short list.
Old 04-03-2009, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

If I was going to buy a family style bow rider, I'd buy a Regal. Well made, stepped hull, great fit and finish and there are some great deals out there.

Our local marina is a Regal dealer and is very willing to deal. Give him a call.

Naples Marine
Jim Allen
207-693-6254
Old 04-03-2009, 09:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by E Colby
If you want a bowrider that delivers bang for the buck and solid performance, check out a Rinker, Ebbtide or a CrownLine. I'd give both companies an edge in quality over Caravelle. Sea Ray, Cobalt, Chaparral and Regal are probably the top tier in this category, but if you're on a budget, the Rinker or CrownLine should be on your short list.
I agree. My father in law has a 21 Caravelle Interceptor with a 350 mag, it will gps 60 but quality is kind of lacking compared to some other boats in the same price range.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:00 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have no idea how they compare to the other "typical" bowriders mentioned but Byant boats here in TN builds a nice bowrider.. Like I said I don't know exactly how they compare with some of the others mentioned but they would definatly be worth a look & usually perform well for a "typical" bowrider.. Not in any way trying to say the performance would be that of a Sunsation , Eliminator ect.. but for what it is they do well.. The owner is a hotrodder & ex promod racer & as far as I know they build pretty good stuff. I also think they advertise "no wood" if thats a concern ??
Old 04-03-2009, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tblrklakemo
Check the west coast for used mid cabin open bow boats. Most all of them have HO's at minimum. You will probably get a better than production boat too.

He is right why go factory when there are a lot of incredible custom boats available. Youll find a lot of custom product available right now for the money. The factory stuff is no comparison.

Sunsation
Nordic
Lavey
Eliminator

all make bowrider and "mid cabins"

Uncle Dave
Old 04-07-2009, 08:35 PM
Registered

Deal Pending on a 2000 Baja Islander 252