Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   30' Cat Market Survey (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/206079-30-cat-market-survey.html)

dicudmore 04-06-2009 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by us1kw (Post 2837413)
The hop can be designed out as it was in the 32. Big Blocks add significant $$. Much more expensive packages, labor, etc....

best boat I have ever owned was a 2005 30' Spectre 300X's (yellow/orange--originally built for Andy H by some guy named Jay :cool: ) bought it at 38 hours, lost it at 130 or there-abouts last year (economy :mad: )
IMO the nicest 30 you ever put together. I would buy another one in a heartbeat!

DrewDown 04-06-2009 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by dicudmore (Post 2837629)
best boat I have ever owned was a 2005 30' Spectre 300X's (yellow/orange--originally built for Andy H by some guy named Jay :cool: ) bought it at 38 hours, lost it at 130 or there-abouts last year (economy :mad: )
IMO the nicest 30 you ever put together. I would buy another one in a heartbeat!

Go buy it. I think its still in long beach.

Ptufaro 04-06-2009 07:30 PM

It's a 28 but the E-ticket might be something to look at.

BeerMaker 04-06-2009 07:46 PM

The E Ticket rides are sick, went on quick run around Havasu at Desert Storm last year. Rock solid at 100mph. The 29 deck is top of my short list

tbanzer 04-07-2009 10:35 AM

I would buy one only if it had a useable cockpit and cabin. The best example of a family friendly design is HTMs 30 footer. In the north east a spot for changing, a portapotti and decent wind protection are a must. Looked at a 31 Awesome and the cockpit size or lack of was my reason of not buying that boat.

BowenCT 04-07-2009 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by tbanzer (Post 2838059)
I would buy one only if it had a useable cockpit and cabin.

One of the reasons I love the Liberator, the cockpit area is huge.

DrewDown 04-07-2009 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by tbanzer (Post 2838059)
I would buy one only if it had a useable cockpit and cabin. The best example of a family friendly design is HTMs 30 footer. In the north east a spot for changing, a portapotti and decent wind protection are a must. Looked at a 31 Awesome and the cockpit size or lack of was my reason of not buying that boat.

HTM? I thought we were talking outboards.

tbanzer 04-07-2009 04:30 PM

I was talking about the features of an HTM and what I would like to see in a 30 ft boat. If they could build a boat with the features I mentioned I dont care what powers it.

us1kw 04-07-2009 09:24 PM

The problem is access to the area under the deck. If you make the cockpit wide you end up with a slab sided design with compromising lines(ugly). Or if you split the helm seats and have a center pod you can access the bow area that way.

tbanzer 04-08-2009 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by us1kw (Post 2838640)
The problem is access to the area under the deck. If you make the cockpit wide you end up with a slab sided design with compromising lines(ugly). Or if you split the helm seats and have a center pod you can access the bow area that way.

If I read you correctly I vote for splitting the seats. The door can be twice as wide as doors on either side. Dont know of boat design as far as center pods advantages or disadvantages. I guess it depends on who the boat is going to be marketed to. For the type of boating we do in our area we need a boat that we can have some storage, be able to change out of wet clothes, have a spot for a private portapotti, and have enough cockpit area for all seated to stand and manuever around inside the area when accessing the anchors and anchoring. In our area 90% of the time we anchor or tie up to others and spend alot of time in our boats. Biggest complaint most people I boat with is for the size of the boat there is a very limited area that can be used. I think that is why there is such a movement to performance deck boats out west. In some spots the time spent on the boat after you get there is when most of the fun happens. There are a few big name boat companies out there that produce a boat that has the performane I desire but not the creature comforts. I cant bring home a 30+ ft boat that has less cockpit area than the 17 ft runabout I started with 20 years ago. Good luck with what ever you decide.