Notices

Bahama's Info Please

Old 04-03-2009, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bahama's Info Please

Please advise on a marina that will launch and pull my boat (38') in the Fort Lauderdale area. I'm trying to set up a vacation at Bimini Bay for a week. Is Bimini bay as nice as it looks on the web or would you suggest another resort. Perhaps someone owns a condo with 2 bedrooms they would like to rent. I was shooting for early June.

Thanks.
Old 04-03-2009, 07:45 PM
Registered

Don't know anything about Bimini Bay, but do a search for Treasure Cay. It is located on the east coast of Abaco, and an easy trip from West Palm Beach.....Ft. Lauderdale would be a little longer. They have a fantastic marina, they are renowned for it. Plenty of places to rent, especially in June and with this economy. Beautiful beaches and lots of great day trip islands near by like Hope Town, Green Turtle Cay, Great Guana Cay, etc. Check it out!
Old 04-03-2009, 08:26 PM
Registered

Treasure Cay does look beautiful. However I don't have a lot of time for vacation to make a long run. Someday maybe.
Old 04-03-2009, 10:37 PM
chuckbeecher
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Mikeyo
Treasure Cay does look beautiful. However I don't have a lot of time for vacation to make a long run. Someday maybe.
6 hrs. at a 30mph cruise..faster? you do the math..the Abacos are the cats meow!!
Old 04-04-2009, 07:02 AM
Registered

If you decide to go the distance for the Abacos, look us up, we have two small resorts.
www.sealevelcottages.com
www.lubberslanding.com

Well worth the ride.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:11 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

We depart from Sailfish marina in Palm Beach (Public ramp , sailfish has storage for trailers and trucks) and always go to the Abacos, Green Turtle (Bluff House or Green Turtle Club)
Guana Cay, Hope Town (Abaco Inn). Marsh Harbor (Boat Harbor). Little Harbor, etc. Clear Customs at Spanish Cay. We leave Palm Beach at 8 am and have lunch at Spanish. then on to the Abaco inn by 2pm. Have fun...

Last edited by Zero Patience; 04-04-2009 at 07:13 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 10:26 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Zero Patience
We depart from Sailfish marina in Palm Beach (Public ramp , sailfish has storage for trailers and trucks) and always go to the Abacos, Green Turtle (Bluff House or Green Turtle Club)
Guana Cay, Hope Town (Abaco Inn). Marsh Harbor (Boat Harbor). Little Harbor, etc. Clear Customs at Spanish Cay. We leave Palm Beach at 8 am and have lunch at Spanish. then on to the Abaco inn by 2pm. Have fun...
Thanks, great info. I would need to make a fuel stop for that distance. My fear is bad weather on the return trip. I'm trying to do this in less than 2 weeks. I lose 4 days in just driving to and from Ohio. This will be my first visit to the Bahama's and really looking forward to it.