Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Fuel In Bilge, 1993 26 Thoroughbred, LOTS OF IT! >

Fuel In Bilge, 1993 26 Thoroughbred, LOTS OF IT!

Notices

Fuel In Bilge, 1993 26 Thoroughbred, LOTS OF IT!

Old 04-04-2009, 07:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by VT32SSR
The fuel pickup is under the rear seat. Should be a plastic acess panel there.Check to see if it is tight against the gasket.I had a 280 that leaked there when it was near full.Hope that helps.
THANK YOU so much for the info. I will take out the rear seat tomorrow as it sits on top of the main floor.

I pulled the 4 access covers that were visible in the main cockpit, and all they provided was an access area for the seat bolts. I hope there is an access area UNDER the back seat area when I pull it. I would love to fix this in the A.M. and be on the water as it is going to be 75 degrees tomorrow here.

As it stands, I will post more findings tommorrow. If there are no postings, refer to my previous post.

Rodney

Last edited by JusBeenBad; 04-04-2009 at 07:18 PM.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

did you walk away from the hose when filing it up? sounds like it didnt shut off and overfilled in the boat.
Old 04-04-2009, 07:53 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JusBeenBad
THANK YOU so much for the info. I will take out the rear seat tomorrow as it sits on top of the main floor.

I pulled the 4 access covers that were visible in the main cockpit, and all they provided was an access area for the seat bolts. I hope there is an access area UNDER the back seat area when I pull it. I would love to fix this in the A.M. and be on the water as it is going to be 75 degrees tomorrow here.

As it stands, I will post more findings tommorrow. If there are no postings, refer to my previous post.

Rodney
Phewwww.. I heard Sirens and everything. It was like a 22 alarm Fire.. I thought the whole east coast was coming to see you... LMAO.. Leave it uncovered Don't let any vapors build at all.. That would be bad.... Your last post will be.... " Boat went boom"

Last edited by mmareno; 04-05-2009 at 07:35 AM.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:39 AM
Registered

Received 213 Likes on 110 Posts

check the gasket/seal under the fuel sending unit,had same issue!