????  RC gas/nitro ,radio control car >

???? RC gas/nitro ,radio control car

Notices

???? RC gas/nitro ,radio control car

Old 03-21-2002, 08:21 PM
djm
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Everybody is right on, a 12yr old kid will have a tough time with nitro engines. I just bought a RC10GT for 300 on e-bay, after tuning the crap out of the motor and getting the bugs out (that means it stopped breaking) I realize I'll never go back to electric ever. It's that good. But if you don't have the patience or you just don't know what your missing, go electric. E-bay is where you want to go, get something that comes with everything and it'll probably be put together already. I got some T-maxx and RC10GT pics on my homepage if your interested.
Old 03-21-2002, 08:42 PM
Registered

Default I've got one

I've got a Kyosho Sandmaster that's a few years old. I haven't driven it for a while but it runs great. It's not in perfect shape but the price is right and is a blast to drive. Drop me an email if you would like more information!

Dave1972
Old 03-21-2002, 09:59 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I have a Kyosho Inferno AWD nitro car,,, certainly not for a 12 Year old at over $1,000,,,,,,, but what a handful !!!!
Old 03-22-2002, 09:19 AM
Registered

Default R/C Nitro Boat

I also have a Traxxas Nitro Vee as well complete! I haven't used it in a while and need to get it out of the basement!! I'm sure the prices are very good for both the R/C car and the boat!
Old 03-22-2002, 09:47 AM
Registered

please...don't a 12 year old short...i was kick old mens asses at 12 in both car and boat racing...i was poping my own hull designs in the r/c boat arena at 12....i think it's great to get kids involved in it....they learn so much from it!!!!! now my toys are just bigger...and i ended up in ford powertrain development.

nitro....http://www.towerhobby.com/listings/cat-cat-c.html

get a RTR deal....they r rith there at 300.

i've been out of it for a bit and my stuff is dated....but i was just out running my 1/8 rally with a pro .21 in it....it still gets the job done.
Old 03-22-2002, 09:53 AM
Registered

funhome...so what so the kid burs the **** out of himself!LOL no big deal....skin grows back....kids manage to get hurt at whatever they do...educate don't alienate....hold true with gun or anything for that matter....just my .02

ps...i did cut two fingers almost off at 14 with a r/c boat....whata mess!!!....i'm still a mess!LOL u may have a point!!!LOL
Old 03-22-2002, 10:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave 1972 - drop me an e-mail at [email protected] about that Nitro Vee. I might be interested in that. My old man keeps bugging me to hook him up with an r/c boat, although I think a 12 year old kid might be better with it.
I'll probably have to do the whole maintain it, start it, tune it, then hand him the remote deal.