Notices

Tan-Tara Boat Show

Old 03-22-2002, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Biggus: The lake is easy to navigate, it is deep with out rocks etc to worry about. There are lots of coves, some deep and crooked, but you should have no trouble in the main channel.

Are you taking I-70 from Mid-MO through OH? If so, follow this advice. In St. Louis take I-370 to I-270 on the north side into Illoinis, where you hook back up to I-70. There is construction and narrow lanes on I-70 near Indiana, but you should have no troubles. At the wrong time of day there will be a backup, though.

It would be cool to see your boat on the highway, but I don't know my schedule that week any better than I know yours. If you see a green suburban waving like crazy, wave back.

Miss Amy: It's a fun show, and great start to the season. Have a blast. I doubt we make it this year due to moving/family commitments.
Old 03-22-2002, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

Biggus you wont have a problem with the lake it goes by mile markers not that there visable or anything. but it starts at the dam ( bagnell dam ) that is, there are two dams bagnell dam mile marker 0 and warsaw dam mile marker 90, for the most part the lake is boatable from 0-60 beyound that not much there except fisherman. most of the hot spots are between the 4mm and the 31mm with 17-21mm the center of attention. tan tara is at the 26mm. what marina are you going to be putting in at. what color is your TG i'll look for you. were are you staying. i will try to help you out. if you need any information. if you have any problems or need to know anything give me a call. lake # 573-964-6570, st louis # 636-532-1985, and the cell# 314-974-0824. i'll be down sometime friday late afternoon eve. also when you get down there if your not sure of the lake you can buy a lake map most any place, gas stations, grocery stores wal-mart etc. fuel shouldnt be a problem most bigger marina will have their gas docks open this time of the year, although if your requiring real high octane you may have to hunt this time of year.
see ya later
dave hughes
Old 03-23-2002, 12:30 AM
Bruce

Biggus, if you need any assistance feel free to contact me. My info is in my profile. Be sure to warn me if your bringing Audiofn!

Old 03-24-2002, 11:48 AM
Charter Member #94
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Tan-Tar-A Show

Amy,
we had originally planned on doing the show, but time is getting short. I race next week in St. Cloud, I'm getting down to "hand to hand" combat with the city over electrical codes, I am trying to make the September Ozarks race work, and I almost forgot that I'm still in Comp I class.
Besides, I have a meeting at the lake with some chamber of commerce folks and hopefully the water patrol, (again) on Monday April the 1st.
If you guys go, have fun for us. And the Shooters dock show is getting almost as big as the Tantara show.
Old 03-24-2002, 12:33 PM
SpeedFreak

Just so you all know the Tan-Tar-A show over Easter wknd. is the only show going on. Shooters is not having there show until later and tying it in with there opening for the year. A date hasn't been set yet, but I will keep you informed, might be first week in May. Hope you all enjoy the show and please stop by and say hello, we are the end of the far dock closest to the main channel. I think we are taking a couple of larger Maxum cruisers, and a couple of runabouts along with some mid-sized Donzi's. Always a fun show, just hope the weather cooperates. Look forward to seeing you all next wknd.

Barry

Old 03-25-2002, 11:02 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

GOOD NEWS FOR ONCE!!

The almighty weather gods are saying sunny and around 60 for the Easter weekend, so, sure would beat the usual cold crap we
usually get!

Let's hope that forecast holds....hey Lutzparty, MissAmy, and Ssherman, look forward to seeing you there!

Mark (aka: Watermoose)
Old 03-25-2002, 11:06 AM
Registered

Default was there this weekend and guess what

It did not snow. The last 2 weekends we went down it snowed. The snow was not bad, still a great get away, but the weather we had this last saturday was a welcome change.

I even got on the water, test drove a boat. The 496 engine has that new "winterizer" feature that seems to be easy and convienient.

I think we are heading back down next week.
Old 03-25-2002, 11:36 AM
Registered

Yes, the forecast looks pretty good. We are still planning on being there. Hope to run into you all.