Does anyone live near Thousand Oaks CA >

Does anyone live near Thousand Oaks CA

Notices

Does anyone live near Thousand Oaks CA

Old 03-20-2002, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does anyone live near Thousand Oaks CA

I have been looking for a ski boat for my family and have come across one in Thousand Oaks, CA.
Before I fly down I was wondering if any one lived close by and would be willing to eyeball it for me.
The owner says the paint,gel and interior is perfect, but it would be great if I could have someone look at it first.
I know it would mean less time on the board but I'd really appreciate it. I will even send a bottle of wine from my collection in appreciation. No, it won't be a bottle of Ripple!!!
The boat is a 19' Spectra.
Thanks,
Eugene
Old 03-20-2002, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where are you flying in from? If you dont get anyone to do it by Monday Ill make the trip. I am a ways away but It will be good P.R. Ill be out of the state for the weekend but give me a call Monday if you need me to go.
Matt 949-212-7275
What type of boat? How Much?
Old 03-21-2002, 12:23 PM
Registered

Matt,
Thanks. I live in San Francisco area. The boat is a 19'Spectra GN hull. I will let you knopw on Monday what the situation is.
Eugene
Old 03-21-2002, 01:38 PM
Uncle Toys

For what its worth, here's what I did when I bought my Nautique. The guy we bought it from lived in Northern California and we live in Southern California. We discussed the boat in great detail on the phone and I asked him if he was willing to meet me half way for a test drive. I assured him that, after inspection and a test drive, if the boat was as he described to me on the phone I would buy it for the price we had agreed upon. We met at a lake in the central valley and after the drive we all went to a Wells Fargo where I got a certified check for him. We then went and had a bill of sale notarized and drove off with our new boat. If the guy isn't willing to make the drive, then you might want to be suspicious of his description on the phone!

I would check it out for you but we are ~ 3 hour drive from that area.

Old 03-21-2002, 08:53 PM
Registered

Default Re: Does anyone live near Thousand Oaks CA

Originally posted by magnuman
I have been looking for a ski boat for my family and have come across one in Thousand Oaks, CA.
Before I fly down I was wondering if any one lived close by and would be willing to eyeball it for me.
The owner says the paint,gel and interior is perfect, but it would be great if I could have someone look at it first.
I know it would mean less time on the board but I'd really appreciate it. I will even send a bottle of wine from my collection in appreciation. No, it won't be a bottle of Ripple!!!
The boat is a 19' Spectra.
Thanks,
Eugene

Hey Eugene-

I live about 5 minutes from there. I could go and take some photos for you and email them to you. I also have a friend that lives right next to there (Agoura) and he is into ski boats. I could bring him along too. Let me know if you need some help.

My email and phone are in my profile.
Old 03-22-2002, 01:40 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Norty, Thanks for the save!!!!
I was going to make the drive so the poor guy wouldnt get burned. You saved me 1.5 each way. I owe you a Beer! Whats up with the after hours party on Sunday? I heard you were organizing something in Orange County around 9:00PM. What a guy. You are a real team player!!!