Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New Mystic from Turbine Marine? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/206439-new-mystic-turbine-marine.html)

SeeYouThere 04-28-2009 09:54 PM

Originally Posted by maxonmike (Post 2853067)
I Have seen His Yacht...... This guy Must be ALL CASHED UP!!!!

As I recall, the brothers sold their privately owned steel business for six billion dollars? So yes, all cashed up.

TAKB 08-09-2010 10:04 PM

My Way

Bill, Did not see you in the 1000 Islands Poker Run,,, Where were you?

Expat 08-09-2010 10:19 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor (Post 2839428)
The boat is owned by Barry Zekelman who sometimes lives in Windsor, ON. Barry has a home on Lake St. Clair, where he kept his other Man of Steel Skater which is for sale at Lake Cumberland Marine. He has also purchased a home in Arizona I believe and spends time there with his wife, who has family their and also on his Motor Yacht, somewhere on the ocean. Barry's Motor Yacht "Man of Steel" can be seen on the "Heesen Yacht's" website and is 123 ft. He also has a Lear Jet and his own hanger in Windsor to make traveling back and forth to his other homes and for business. I would guess that his boat will be in Windsor where he runs a Steel Company, which he and his brothers sold. After looking at the photo's of his boat and transport truck being painted it looks like his boat will be transported all over Canada and the United States.

The yacht Man of Steel spends some time in the BVI in the winter. Here is a pic of it on a dock here in the North Sound Virgin Gorda a few months ago. I wondered if it was the same owner as the Skater. In the middle of the pic you can just make out a female crew member cleaning windows. db

AB From Windsor 08-09-2010 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by Expat (Post 3178712)
The yacht Man of Steel spends some time in the BVI in the winter. Here is a pic of it on a dock here in the North Sound Virgin Gorda a few months ago. I wondered if it was the same owner as the Skater. In the middle of the pic you can just make out a female crew member cleaning windows. db

That was the owner of the "Man of Steel" Skater, sold. He now owns a 48 ft. Outer Limits Cat with twin Turbines and keeps on a lift by his house. He has also just built a lift for his 65 ft. Azimut, which he takes out on Lake St. Clair and Lake Erie. They are both called "Man of Steel".

sunchaser796 08-10-2010 12:58 AM

For those who do not know, Bill T. is having a new turbine boat built. His OL was sold back in early March and the OL is in North Miami.

1000islandsdonzi 08-22-2010 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by sunchaser796 (Post 3178773)
For those who do not know, Bill T. is having a new turbine boat built. His OL was sold back in early March and the OL is in North Miami.

any idea when the new one will be ready? i heard its gonna something very special from mystic

JBS 08-23-2010 11:51 AM

TM Mystic

Im sure it will be "special".You can count on it being done later than expected and full of fun gremlins that should keep the boat at TM until tempers flare.Can sabotage realy keep you in business?Seems like a poor business plan to me.Good luck with that

Catmando 08-23-2010 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by BZ (Post 2853085)
Cool boat but all they need to do is paint it with a normal paint job....Sorry

I agree. The first 'Man of Steel' had a great paint job. This one is just ugly.

My $.02

RunninHotRacing163.1 08-23-2010 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by Expat (Post 3178712)

Dayum sweeeet boat :drink::drink::drink::drink:

dykstra 08-23-2010 07:01 PM

Way cool boat!