Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Dollar of Dollar (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/206508-dollar-dollar.html)

jeff1000man 04-10-2009 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider (Post 2840909)
Here you go!
Most boat for your $$!!
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...d.php?t=174507

That's pretty good.

Looks like a pretty clean boat. Would make a good lake throw down boat.

Cost me 2K to get it here from VT though.

Stormrider 04-10-2009 02:23 PM

He's down to 7500.
$2000? You are complaining about $2000?
You sure you're in the right sport?

Sometimes it seems like you don't care what you're running, as long as its the best deal which you can find.

Sorry, in this game, IMO, its all about what you're running...
$$ don't matter. And it doesn't have to be big $ to be cool out there... just your matter of choice.

jeff1000man 04-10-2009 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider (Post 2840923)
He's down to 7500.
$2000? You are complaining about $2000?
You sure you're in the right sport?

Sometimes it seems like you don't care what you're running, as long as its the best deal which you can find.

$$ don't matter. And it doesn't have to be big $ to be cool out there... just your matter of choice.

Most of the time for me it IS all about the best deal. But my Magnum wasn't the best deal, and it is turning into a worse deal everyday with the cash that I am throwing at it, but I know it is a fun boat because I have ripped it up in it all ready.

As far as the run of the mill big boats, there are a ton of them out there, so why not wait until you find the best deal on something.

That little checkmate would make a good lake boat down here.

Clean and running. Alpha drive on it though takes away the opportunity for upgrading power, but really there is no need to do that with a faster one hanging right next to it in the boat house.

heavyhauler 04-10-2009 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by jeff1000man (Post 2840433)
I talked to Mark for a while about that boat. Sounds like you had a really rough time with it.

That boat used to run pretty strong. I always hated the paint. If I had that boat, it would have to go to the paint shop.

We took all the whales and lettering off the boat, and it looks better than it did. My son is a graphic artist (had done a lot of Nascar and Hooters Pro Cup work) and he can put any wrap on it you want. If I keep it, he already has a design ready for me, but I've been real happy with the Party Cat for my type of boating, so I would like to dispose of the Fountain, preferrably through a trade of some kind. I would consider about anything, especially a houseboat, muscle car, Corvette, etc.

jeff1000man 04-10-2009 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by heavyhauler (Post 2841080)
We took all the whales and lettering off the boat, and it looks better than it did. My son is a graphic artist (had done a lot of Nascar and Hooters Pro Cup work) and he can put any wrap on it you want. If I keep it, he already has a design ready for me, but I've been real happy with the Party Cat for my type of boating, so I would like to dispose of the Fountain, preferrably through a trade of some kind. I would consider about anything, especially a houseboat, muscle car, Corvette, etc.

Boat looks 100% better than it did when it left here. After what Mark told me, you have a really nice rig there. You should keep it. I would if it were mine.

Good luck with it.:ernaehrung004:

jeff1000man 04-10-2009 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider (Post 2840923)

The other thing with me also, is that I know what I want, and it is not in the budget, so I am looking for the boat that will accomplish what I want to accomplish until I can afford what I really want.

So until the day comes that I can grab that 40' skater, I am looking for the best deal on a Top Gun etc. that I can find that I will loose the least amount of equity and spend the least amount on broken parts, so that when I have to get rid of it, I am further away from the loosing end.

That is why it is allways about the deal with me.

skopi55 04-10-2009 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by heavyhauler (Post 2841080)

Heavyhauler,

What kind of fountain do you have? what model? I have a Gibson 50' houseboat that I am looking to trade towards another powerboat. I can't receive PM's anymore. My email is [email protected]

Scott

heavyhauler 04-11-2009 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by skopi55 (Post 2841194)
Heavyhauler,

What kind of fountain do you have? what model? I have a Gibson 50' houseboat that I am looking to trade towards another powerboat. I can't receive PM's anymore. My email is [email protected]

Scott

I sent the info to your email address

Stormrider 04-15-2009 08:34 AM

Jeff, this don't look so bad for under 40K.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o28619-en.html

jeff1000man 04-15-2009 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Stormrider (Post 2844580)
Jeff, this don't look so bad for under 40K.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o28619-en.html

Yeah it does. Cool boat, not for me.