Notices

Dollar of Dollar

Old 04-09-2009, 05:08 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
A killer deal would, IMO, be in the eyes of the buyer, Yes/No?

A $500K boat in top condition for $250K, IMO, a he!! of a deal. But for someone looking to spend $125K it's double his budget, and for the $25K buyer it's 10X his. Pointless for these two buyers.

Might help to indicate the brand as well as range of size and price you wish to buy in, top shape or a project, there are loads of deals out there right now. I would think if you defined your search data you might come up with some real deals here.
Good point, but you never know what you can afford until you find what you really want.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by isellpower
I'm new to the scene, but I have been looking for a while. I want a cat, but this Fountain seems to be a great deal.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o27526-en.html
This boat is in very nice shape and the low price does not reflex the condition. The small blowers are not as efficient as the big one and they do not look as good and that is the reason they were changed. The mercury blower can be reinstalled if anyone desires.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by smithimports.com
This boat is in very nice shape and the low price does not reflex the condition. The small blowers are not as efficient as the big one and they do not look as good and that is the reason they were changed. The mercury blower can be reinstalled if anyone desires.
Looks like confirmation from the man himself.

If I was a fountain guy, I would be calling you on it.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
Good point, but you never know what you can afford until you find what you really want.

Good point as well, but in reality if more folks had actually figured out what they could afford before they bought it, there would be far fewer killer deals out there right now.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:36 PM
Registered

Looks like confirmation from the man himself.

I can vouch for this 42' as well. I know the previous owner that traded it into us and it was maintained with an open wallet by a man that manages a Cummins dealership. He knows boats and even better maintence. At the listed price, it is being given away.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:59 PM
Registered

The concensus is Fountain is best dollar for dollar so if you want a deal, Fountain might be the way to go. As you already know, ORCA is back in service with 2 fresh bullets from Mark Rinda @ MER and I'll take cash, trades, or what have you and I'm realistic enough to know that I'll never get back the money I spent so dollar for dollar you might get the deal you are looking for. PM me if interested.
Old 04-09-2009, 09:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by heavyhauler
The concensus is Fountain is best dollar for dollar so if you want a deal, Fountain might be the way to go. As you already know, ORCA is back in service with 2 fresh bullets from Mark Rinda @ MER and I'll take cash, trades, or what have you and I'm realistic enough to know that I'll never get back the money I spent so dollar for dollar you might get the deal you are looking for. PM me if interested.
I talked to Mark for a while about that boat. Sounds like you had a really rough time with it.

That boat used to run pretty strong. I always hated the paint. If I had that boat, it would have to go to the paint shop.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:08 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Here you go!
Most boat for your $$!!
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...d.php?t=174507
Old 04-10-2009, 02:16 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Stormrider
Here you go!
Most boat for your $$!!
http://forums.screamandfly.com/forum...d.php?t=174507
That's pretty good.

Looks like a pretty clean boat. Would make a good lake throw down boat.

Cost me 2K to get it here from VT though.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:23 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

He's down to 7500.
$2000? You are complaining about $2000?
You sure you're in the right sport?

Sometimes it seems like you don't care what you're running, as long as its the best deal which you can find.

Sorry, in this game, IMO, its all about what you're running...
$$ don't matter. And it doesn't have to be big $ to be cool out there... just your matter of choice.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.