Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Looking for Sea Strainer Stainless  90 high flow 1npt x 1 1/4 push on fittings >

Looking for Sea Strainer Stainless 90 high flow 1npt x 1 1/4 push on fittings

Notices

Looking for Sea Strainer Stainless 90 high flow 1npt x 1 1/4 push on fittings

Old 05-07-2009, 05:43 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
U can also try this ,,,DANA Marine ( $ 115 ).

U need to cut it little by little until your water press is right , min. 15 psi , max. 24 psi !

Usually ,,they are cut so the front part is - 1/8 and the back -3/8 but start a little longer and test !!!!!

Thats like the harden marine ones that came with the Whipple kit.I really like having the adjustment op. might end up with no choice

Here is a pick of there fixed pickup.cut to fit.
Attached Thumbnails Looking for Sea Strainer Stainless  90 high flow 1npt x 1 1/4 push on fittings-dsc05988.jpg   Looking for Sea Strainer Stainless  90 high flow 1npt x 1 1/4 push on fittings-dsc05989.jpg  

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 05-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Rob
VIP Member

since u have them apart ,,,cut a thread on the end so u can place a valve on each one in the boat !!!!!

U don't want to sink ???? DO U ???

If a hose pops off u can shut the valve !!!!!!!!!!!!!

And still , with that bend on the bottom ,,,WAYYYYYY to much water press.!!!

I'm scared the ball valve will restrict flow, the hose id being 1 1/4 I bet the ball opening is 1 inch or less.Yes I need to put one in line.

Thats why i want the adjustably to adjust it up or down to get enough pressure,I'm trying to make it were like a 1/4 -1/8 of lip hanging down, see the other pickup had zero water pressure at the innercooler and the sea strainer was only 1 /3 of water in it,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqahAskCesI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8AyTkRDFYA
Attached Thumbnails Looking for Sea Strainer Stainless  90 high flow 1npt x 1 1/4 push on fittings-neworleans-race-8-2-08-012-large-.jpg  

Old 05-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Rob
VIP Member

The ss valve ,,come with the same size as the pick up !!!
If u have the strainer only 1/3 filled,,,thats your problem ,,,AIR BUBLE,,, i don't think its much the pick up ?!
Not saying its not just guessing !
But definitely want the valve screwed to the pick up !!
The sea strainer should be below water line when boat is sitting in the water !!!! I think thats your problem, they should fill up before u turn the engine on ,,if u have fresh water flush on the strainer ,,open it until water runs out ,,now ,,,no air in it !!!

The strainers are below the water level,The water level is around center line or alittle above the crank shaft center.I don't have a flush on the innercooler.I just take the hose and shoot it in the dump/outlet back flushing it,I'm only in the salt once maybe 2 times a year,

If I take the lid off in the water the water starts coming in.In the vid you can see its just spurts not a solid stream.I would think you would want a solid stream of water coming in,flat water I know that its going to be aerated from the bottom.So that would put the air back into the strainer.The motor strainers are around 3/4 full when running, you can see the swirling in them,Thanks,Rob

Old 05-11-2009, 04:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about thru the bottom pick-ups? Stainless Marine is the one we use. They are 1" but will provide 15 lbs with an almost flush bottom mount...works on vacuum? You raise the WP by varying the depth of a 3-6" tapered scoop in front of the PU. The WP is easily and infinitely adjustable with a a small sander and/or fill with a gelcoat paste. I can't prove it, but our flush bottom PU might we worth 1-2 MPH. Something to consider if the engines are out of the boat and you have a place on the bottom where you have solid water flow.
Cheap speed?
Old 05-11-2009, 05:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Strip, my MOAC has the pickup on the bottom of the boat and it works great always a solid stream, only sticks out about 3/4 on an inch, pipe cut on an angle
Old 06-06-2009, 03:54 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE
Hey Strip, my MOAC has the pickup on the bottom of the boat and it works great always a solid stream, only sticks out about 3/4 on an inch, pipe cut on an angle

I dont think the Hustler botom will let it have a clean stream of water,its areated pretty good, the videos show it real good and not a soild stream,Im hopeing to get away with between a 1/8 1/4 hanging down at the transom.

I have started a new thread with more up todate info,I think Ive got the pick up short enough.

Thanks for all the help.

Also One person said i could use the popoff valve off a hot water heater?

Rob

Old 10-27-2009, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by C_Spray
Here it is - $60

Part number 05-8888841, 1" NPT X 1 1/4" HoseE 90 Deg stainless steel.

Does Stainless sell direct? I need one as well.
does anybody know if they make 1 1/4"NPTx1 1/4"hose 45 DEG STAINLESS STEEL,,,IF SO WHO SELLS THEM,,,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.