Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   need help how do i stretch deck????????pic (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/206650-need-help-how-do-i-stretch-deck-pic.html)

Stormrider 04-11-2009 10:14 AM

Oh.... come on guys! You are ruining all the fun.
I wanna watch him do this!

21eagle 04-11-2009 10:24 AM

storm rider

u know what storm rider go ^^&& yourself thanks for not helping me out and just sitting back laughing for all those that have been helping me thank you very much. i didnt know the predator was such junk i will rethink my plan of attack chris

2112 04-11-2009 12:48 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I did this on a brand new 32' Fountain. If you engineer it correctly and generously reinforce the supporting framework, it can be done.

It is not easy.....nor cheap.

My problems came when we opened everything up only to find our just how piss poor the factory assembled the boat. Original project took 3 months. Add 6 months to rebuild all the piss poor construction of bulkheads, stringers, deck strength etc.

Be afraid of what might be waiting for you underneath. :(

The first picture is taking delivery, The next 2 pictures is after moving the dash and windscreen aft 14inches. You would never know it was done unless you knew the stock 32' inside and out.

Stormrider 04-11-2009 01:24 PM

good luck finding a cheap boat, and rig it cheaply w/ a cheap engine and be competitive in P6.

21eagle 04-11-2009 01:44 PM

cheap

hey stormrider whatever man. you attacked me personally and there was no need for that. If i am heading in the wrong direction i appreciate being told that, not being made fun off. to everyone else on here thank you very much for all the help i sinceraly appreciate it. Im not trying to cause trouble just trying to get somthing together to run a few races, always been a dream of mine, im not going out there and thinking ill be #1 i dont care I just love speedboats and the sport. i am only 24 years old with a family so excuse me if i have to keep it too a budget have most of my money tied up making me money not costing me money.just want to put somthing together and everyone has been so helpful its awesome Chris

2112 04-11-2009 01:53 PM

FWIW, I think it is a cool dream. :rolleyes:

I did not race my boat but I made it way better. I could imagine it snapping in the middle prior to me reinforcing every single structural component. It flies and turns better and looks WAY better. Added about 200 lbs (to overall weight) in Kevlar and epoxy based resins.

You can do it. It just needs to be done knowing it is a pretty labor intensive project.

I hired a very experience boat builder to do my project. I did all the rigging and mechanical. :drink: