Living and Boating in Merrit Island/indian river >

Living and Boating in Merrit Island/indian river

Notices

Living and Boating in Merrit Island/indian river

Old 06-05-2006, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Living and Boating in Merrit Island/indian river

I thinking about taking a job in titusville. Closest place i can thonk of living is the merrit island/cocoa area. how is it for boating? any chance of finding a decent apt with a boat slip? Whats in the area? I know Dean ferry lives there, anyone else?

thanks
-Rick
Old 06-05-2006, 08:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Living and Boating in Merrit Island/indian river

K west lives down there. My folks have a place on the Ocean in Cape Cavernal. Sorry no other help than that.
Old 06-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Registered

I am in Cape Canaveral / Cocoa Beach on the ocean. I don't have a boat slip but the marina is 5 minutes away and reasonably priced.

There are a few others from the area on the board. Dean, BajaBennett, BahamasBaja, UNSANE is in Orlando.

As far as I know (I just moved here 9 months ago) there are very few NICE apartment buildings. I doubt any that will have docks for rent. When we came down we were looking for ocean front so we knew docking was out of the picture.

Your best bet if you are going to rent is to rent a condo from a private individual. You can check out www.brevardmls.com to search around for what is available now. I can also get you in touch with the realtor we used if you are interested.

As far as buying, if you have the time to look around it may be a good time to look. Lots of places have been on the market for a while and prices are starting to come down. We didn't have time to look for buying when we moved down and am glad we didn't.

On the boating, it has it ups and downs....

On the up side there is plenty of water (2 rivers and the ocean) with few speed restrictions (nothing like down south).

On the down side there isn't much to do except boat once you are out. There aren't a lot of dock-side bars/restaurants and the ones that do exist are still hurricane damaged.

Keep us posted if you move or have any questions. Dean is extremely helpful and I do what I can
Old 06-06-2006, 04:30 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Rick,
Are you going to work @ Vector works?
Kwest actually called it pretty straight, it has it's ups and downs, (Downs being the Manatee Zones! ) I think you would have better luck renting a house on a canal or main river with a dock. Our rental is just that, on a canal with a pool, 32' 10,000 lbs lift, BUT it's already rented, sorry. But I do look @ the paper now and then, (www.flatoday.com) and there are canal rentals out there. Plus Kyle is right about the market being flat right now, if you know you are going to stay, you might want to look @ buying H2Ofront.
Hope this helps, if you need more info, pm me.
Dean
Old 06-07-2006, 08:29 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Kyle and Dean have said it all. It is a great place to live, airport 45 min. away, river and ocean boating and housing cost is not as bad as some other areas. The manatee zones are the biggest negative, depending where you live. You might find a condo on the rivers that have a slip, but I think Dean has the right answer with a rental home on a canal.

Good luck and keep in touch.

Dail
Old 06-07-2006, 09:52 AM
Registered

Last edited by LostinBoston; 08-31-2010 at 12:39 PM.
Old 06-07-2006, 10:57 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like an interesting place.
Best of luck.
Old 06-07-2006, 11:04 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

LB,
Come on down, when are you coming down to scope out Brevard co.? I was over @ Mystic Powerboats last Monday night, it was AMAZING to see the technology that they are using. The BIG question is how often will the Nor-tech be in Brevard County?!
Dean
Old 06-07-2006, 12:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
LB,
Come on down, when are you coming down to scope out Brevard co.? I was over @ Mystic Powerboats last Monday night, it was AMAZING to see the technology that they are using. The BIG question is how often will the Nor-tech be in Brevard County?!
Dean
If i can find a place with a dock, ill buy a float lift and keep it there. If not ill be commuting to ftl probably every weekend. I was in Titusville on monday, then drove south thorugh cocoa and cape canaveral area. Probably be back up there aroudn the 21st. I havnt been back to mystic yet but have been dying to see the 70. The renderings looks awesome. Too bad they dont need any more engineers.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:23 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Originally Posted by LostinBoston
If i can find a place with a dock, ill buy a float lift and keep it there. If not ill be commuting to ftl probably every weekend. I was in Titusville on monday, then drove south thorugh cocoa and cape canaveral area. Probably be back up there aroudn the 21st. I havnt been back to mystic yet but have been dying to see the 70. The renderings looks awesome. Too bad they dont need any more engineers.

LB,
PM me, maybe we can work something out, as far as my rental is concerned. Was just talking to John Cosker about a boat I'm looking @ and he said you were a good guy! JC is going to send me latest renderings on the 70, and I'll post them here later. Mystic powerboats pulled the 70's deck out of the oven on monday, out of the mold on Tuesday, and mounted it on the hull yesterday! John's pretty stoked!
Dean

Quick Reply: Living and Boating in Merrit Island/indian river

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.