Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
opnions on adding graphics (help) >

opnions on adding graphics (help)

Notices

opnions on adding graphics (help)

Old 03-23-2002, 02:22 PM
B.R.S.

Default opnions on adding graphics (help)

Due to some paint damage on the rear of my boat I am thinking of adding some graphics to fix the problem. To make the repair without them I will have to repaint side or live with shadow lines from doing a spot repair. First is a photo of the damage so you can get an idea of the size of what I need to cover. The second photo is what I am thinking of. Please leet me know your opnions and suggestions even if it is a vote for no graphics. Thanks in advance for your help.
Attached Thumbnails opnions on adding graphics (help)-damage.jpg  

Old 03-23-2002, 02:24 PM
B.R.S.

I have beem thinking of this for a while. Let me know.
Attached Thumbnails opnions on adding graphics (help)-stripes.jpg  

Old 03-23-2002, 02:47 PM
ScreaminDemon

Sorry, but the hard lined stripes don't work with a free flowing gaphic up front. try to do something that works with the front

Old 03-23-2002, 03:13 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with ScreaminDemon. Try to do something that flows with what's there already.
Old 03-23-2002, 03:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd have to vote for no graphics right now if only because I don't have any suggestions to make it work with what you already have. I agree with the above posts that it needs to flow with the rest of the graphics on the front
Old 03-23-2002, 03:58 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Gotta say no to the stripes. What about extending a tongue of flame from the front to the rear to hide the damage?
Old 03-23-2002, 04:13 PM
Registered

A shadow line might not be that bad... But really, wouldn't that spot only be visible on the trailer and running(blur factor would smooth it out)?? We would be able to recognize the boat better. Instead of knowing it's you from 2 miles away, it would be more like 3-4...
Old 03-23-2002, 04:45 PM
Registered

BRS, I agree with the others that the stripes are too harsh on your very sharp looking boat. I don't know if the red is two stage paint{clear coat} or not but either way a good painter can blend it in and then wet sand it. You'll never know it was done as long as the red can be matched. Dupont, and I'm sure the others also have a digital paint scanner that can match the paint exactly if you are not sure of the original color. Good luck.
Old 03-23-2002, 06:07 PM
Registered

I've had repair work done on my boats before, and a good painter can usualy match it OK. You have too much going on there already to ad more.
Old 03-23-2002, 06:14 PM
Registered

in agreement.... it's gonna be too busy...thats a tough spot to try and do graphics..... meaning , you have gotta cover alot to make it make any sense... ( am i making any sense).. hmmmm should be able to match it ...gonna need a good painter .. wish i was one...

Quick Reply: opnions on adding graphics (help)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.