If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VIP Member VIP Member
    Central Illinois
    Get a hold of Jim Agles in Cape Coral. Very close friend and great guy to deal with.

My Boats:
    1978 Pantera 24 (sold) 1988 Donzi 18 Classic
    Cape Coral Fl
    I just bought a place in the very SW CC area for REAL CHEAP!
    There are nice waterfront/pool homes here for under $300K in nice areas.
    Be careful with NW areas and especially NE CC properties , read: bad neighborhoods in NE.
    As far as the sewer/water assessments mentioned by someone earlier, don't worry about it. The city is gradually installing city water/sewer and replacing the sceptic tanks and well water systems, most of the SW and SE have been done, however, when buying a property you will see some of these assessments have not been paid in full (mine wasn't either). It's about $11K total, you don't have to pay if off right away, they just add it to your annual tax bill over a period of 20 years if you want.
    I was a realtor in Fort Lauderdale since 1989, this kind of home would sell for at least $1MM+ there today. I lived in the Las Olas Isles and only sold waterfront.
    I am retired from RE sales, so I am not trying to hustle anyone, just offering my expert 2 cents.
    Good luck with your search and I hope you find something you like, there are many good deals in CC, also, a lot of high performance boat owners in CC and we could always use more!
    Last edited by georges; 04-15-2009 at 09:40 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12