Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/207002-bobthebuilders-next-adventure-part-1-ft-lauderdale-turks-caicos.html)

Joe 05-13-2009 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder (Post 2864279)
1 & 2) Here piggy, piggy. The seagulls were competing with them for the food.

3) Nice catch. Dolphin at Allan Cay

4) A ray at Allan Cay

5) The Powerboat Adventure crowd at Allan Cay. When there was just us there the iguanas would come right to us. With this crowd they would just come to the edge of the bushes.

i didn't know pigs liked beef jerkey!!!!:eek:

rockstrmkr 05-13-2009 01:14 PM

Bob-

Glad the motor you blew up was in a rental car, and not in "Team Predator". What was the cause? Did you wing the motor when you launched the car off a speed bump? :party-smiley-004:
This begs the question: Did the car have twin steps? Should it have been trimmed out differently? Were you wearing your lanyard? :party-smiley-004:
Thankfully you didn't barrel roll...Um, I'm sure Tres has a course that could help you with this....:lolhit:

salesmanship 05-13-2009 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Joe (Post 2865259)
i didn't know pigs liked beef jerkey!!!!:eek:

Jerkey?

Bob have you been saving some since last year?
I thought Jay and Hans ate all of it.

rockstrmkr 05-13-2009 01:32 PM

Terry -
We got more in your honor....:party-smiley-004:

heavyhauler 05-13-2009 02:14 PM

Bob,

I've watched your trip with great interest and cheered you on the entire time. Sorry you didn't get to do the entire route you wanted but looks like you still had a great adventure and no one got hurt. I thought I had seen everything but I've never seen a pig swim. Thanks for the education.

Bobthebuilder 05-13-2009 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by salesmanship (Post 2865307)
Jerkey?

Bob have you been saving some since last year?
I thought Jay and Hans ate all of it.

Busted again. I can't seem to get away with anything any more. Wonder why? LOL

Bobthebuilder 05-15-2009 09:22 AM

I thought it worth mentioning that the Florida Powerboat Club has a run to Bimini, Bahamas coming up on Memorial weekend May 22 - 24. This is a great way to have an introduction to Bahamas boating. Anyone interested should contact Stu or Jackie at the club office. Here is a link to FPC web site http://www.flpowerboat.com/new/
Bob

Pantera1 06-21-2009 01:40 PM

What a great trip Bob.. Its motivated me to step up "living a little" part. Thanks

Bobthebuilder 06-21-2009 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Pantera1 (Post 2893445)
What a great trip Bob.. Its motivated me to step up "living a little" part. Thanks

Thanks and by all means " live a little" ...... or a lot if you can. :)
I am still suffering from withdrawal from that trip. On my Mac I was able to create 20 page picture albums of the trip and present to each crew member who shared in the experience. Turned out awsome.
I am just getting back into the summer routine up north and find myself thinking a lot about what next?
I may block out 2 weeks or so in September after I'm finished up north and just go for it. ( T & C ) or beyond if possible. Only thing I don't like is hurricane season but we will see. :)
Bob

Jupiter Sunsation 06-21-2009 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder (Post 2864285)
1) even Reggies boats follow me around ! LOL

2) seascape shots on the Great Bahama Bank just east of Bimini.

3) Lighthouse at North Cat Cay

4) Sonoma near Bimini. It`s been a fixture for a long time.

5) James ( right ) and Joe at Bimini Bay Resort

#4- Bob that is the "Sapona" a rum running boat made out of concrete. It sank in 10ft of water and the US Navy/Air Force used it for bombing practice in WW2 era.