Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos

Notices

Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos

Old 04-15-2009, 10:04 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
be careful can you bring your gun to protect you from pirates heard that is happening down there to, have fun guys
No guns, Artie. It is something that has tormented me some tho as I've had some say no worry and others that think my boat will draw the wrong kind of attention and I should be carrying an AK 47. If I thought that was the case, I would not even go.
Hope I'm not wrong in the end.
Bob
Old 04-15-2009, 10:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default My crew

My crew from Ft. Lauderdale to Paradise Island will be 3 longtime friends from Kitchener - Waterloo, ON. Randy Bird, Paul Huck & Rick Caravaggio are flying to FLL tonight and in the morning. They are only available till Sunday so we will hang on Paradise Island for a few days and do some local boating, perhaps down to Allen Cay to check out the iguanas and / or out to Eluthera.

On Saturday, Marco Island friends OSO rockstrmkr (Hans H.) and OSO Marco Marc ( Marc S.) are flying out to the Bahamas in Marc's plane to join us. Hans and Marc will then help get us down to Turks and Caicos. They are both experienced divers so they will bring their gear along and we will do some diving.

Crewing from Turks and Caicos will be a bit more difficult. I will be watching for a 3 day weather window and will then fly in on just a few days notice. I have several offers of help but of coarse not everyone is free to go on such short notice. We will need to get that figured out but we have some time to do it.

Bob
Old 04-15-2009, 10:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good luck Bob! Hope to see you again this summer up north. Post lots of pics.

Rob
Old 04-15-2009, 10:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Crazy" Bobthebuilder.

thats one heck of a trip
Old 04-15-2009, 10:57 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by fubar260
"Crazy" Bobthebuilder.

thats one heck of a trip
Exactly. 1,200 miles by water to do a poker run. LOL Hope there is a prize for "farthest traveled".
Old 04-15-2009, 11:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 365 Likes on 244 Posts

wow! interesting tread to follow for sure!
Old 04-15-2009, 11:03 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by FREEDOM US1
Sounds like a great trip!!! Good luck!! HAVE FUN!!!
Hope our crossing to Bahamas is nothing like yours, Jim. That was unbelievable. We were to have crossed Friday but the forecast is nasty winds 20 knot out of the north so we have pushed it ahead to Thursday afternoon to hopefully beat that. Next opportunity may not be till Sunday so we will give it a shot tomorrow.
Bob
Old 04-15-2009, 11:08 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Well,,, We'll be on the Mut in Paradise Island from Saturday the 18th to Tuesday 21st, so stop to see a fellow Canuck there my friend!

Anyway give us your Spot website again so I can catch your lines when you pull into your docks in Nassau!

If you get there Friday and want to get on the Mut give me a call I will tell you where the key is.... We will be there around noon on Saturday.

Old 04-15-2009, 11:19 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

[QUOTE=GLH;2845363]Well,,, We'll be on the Mut in Paradise Island from Saturday the 18th to Tuesday 21st, so stop to see a fellow Canuck there my friend!

Anyway give us your Spot website again so I can catch your lines when you pull into your docks in Nassau!

If you get there Friday and want to get on the Mut give me a call I will tell you where the key is.... We will be there around noon on Saturday.

Thanks for the call the other day GL and look forward to seeing you at Atlantis. I have "Spot" set up now I think and the link has been added to the end of post#1.
If all goes well we should be in by dinner time Thursday and not leave until Sunday. We have pushed it a head a day because of a nasty forecast for Friday, otherwise Sunday looked like next best day.
Bob
Old 04-16-2009, 06:24 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Have a safe trip, Bob.
I'll be in BVI to shoot the run, see ya there!

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.