Notices

Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos

Old 05-08-2009, 07:23 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheFever29
bob,
very interesting trip. totally awesome i must say.
i plan on doing some trips like this with my 39 ft kevlar cigarette i just got. its was Bob nordskogs old race/endurance boat so it should be able to handle trips like this and longer. Still holds some records and may get more as soon as its ready to go.
You plan on returning to Marco anytime soon?
Chris,

Congrats on the new boat!

A real piece of history.
Old 05-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks franks and bob. i head back up to NJ for summer tomorrow night and im pulling the boat. Going to over haul the thing so its ready for late summer and maybe some poker runs up north before i get back.
Cant wait for the next FMO event. Should be alot of fun with this boat crushing waves. See you guys soon hopefully, take care and be safe with your adventures wherever they may take you
Old 05-10-2009, 09:41 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Sunday evening update

We arrived at Bimini Bay Resort on Bimini this afternoon. The return trip has been superb and pretty much as planned.
Saturday morning we left Georgetown on Great Exuma and ran north to Staniel Cay where we had lunch at the Yacht Club. From there it was only a few miles to Major Cay where we fed the wild pigs some lunch. ( our leftovers ). Wait until you see the pics of these critters swimming out to the boat to get their meal. Too funny. From there we continued north and made another stop at Allan Cay so James and Joe could see the iguanas. It was inundated with people as two boatloads from Powerboat Adventures were there out of Nassau.
From there we ran the rest of the way to Nassau arriving in the late afternoon.
Nassau was busy and vibrant. They seem to be benefitting from the flu scare in Mexico right now with people choosing to go there instead.
Anyway, we were back on the water by noon today for the two hour run to Bimini. Winds were light and the seas were friendly. We could very easily have gone on to Ft Lauderdale today but wanted to check out the Bimini Bay Resort and have one last night in Bahamas. It is outstanding and I highly recommend it. We have a golf cart to get around in. I have lots of great pictures to share when back.
Also this morning when we got to the boat "SPOT" was no where to be found and thus no track. I have no idea where it has disappeared to. Maybe it will show up when we unpack the boat.
Tomorrow we will leave mid morning for Ft Lauderdale. it should be an easy crossing. James and Joe have a 2:30 pm flight to Toronto. I will go to Marco for a couple of days before going back north.
I will write a bit more tomorrow evening when back on Marco.
Bob
Old 05-10-2009, 09:56 PM
GLH
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice to see all was safe Bob
Old 05-11-2009, 10:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by GLH
Nice to see all was safe Bob
Thanks, GL. Back on Marco now. Chat soon.
Bob
Old 05-11-2009, 10:20 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

It was an easy 1 hr ride from Bimini to Ft Lauderdale this morning. Light wind out of the east and seas were 2 - 4ft or less and almost calm outside the gulf stream. It was a great trip, but always nice to come back to Marco Island. I have a number of pics I will post Tues morning. Thanks for following along.
Bob
Old 05-12-2009, 08:47 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

1, 2 & 3) We had dinner after arriving at Georgetown, Great Exuma at the Bonefish Lodge. Every evening the owners wife feed the sharks that come in from the ocean to their salt water pool. Kinda neat to see.

4) Bob en route to Staniel Cay

5) James (right ) and Joe (left)
Attached Thumbnails Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-014-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-011-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-005-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg  

Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-034-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-035-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg  
Old 05-12-2009, 08:54 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

1) the shelter where the locals hang at Staniel Cay
Attached Thumbnails

2) A sign at Yacht Club Staniel Cay that caught my eye. I must remember that!

3) Team PREDATOR at the docks at Staniel Cay

4 & 5) Wild pigs at Major Cay coming to check us out.
Attached Thumbnails Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-038-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-042-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-040-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg  

Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-050-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-053-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg  
Old 05-12-2009, 08:59 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the vicarious vacation, might be the only one I have time for this year:
Old 05-12-2009, 09:01 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

1 & 2) Here piggy, piggy. The seagulls were competing with them for the food.

3) Nice catch. Dolphin at Allan Cay

4) A ray at Allan Cay

5) The Powerboat Adventure crowd at Allan Cay. When there was just us there the iguanas would come right to us. With this crowd they would just come to the edge of the bushes.
Attached Thumbnails Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-058-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-063-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-067-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg  

Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-079-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-082-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.