Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos

Notices

Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos

Old 05-12-2009, 09:07 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

1) even Reggies boats follow me around ! LOL

2) seascape shots on the Great Bahama Bank just east of Bimini.

3) Lighthouse at North Cat Cay

4) Sapoma near Bimini. It`s been a fixture for a long time.

5) James ( right ) and Joe at Bimini Bay Resort
Attached Thumbnails Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-072-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-097-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-100-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg  

Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-114-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-120-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg  

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 06-21-2009 at 07:56 PM. Reason: Item 4) Jupiter Sunsation made me !! LOL
Old 05-12-2009, 09:13 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

1) One of two marinas at Bimini Bay Resort ( BBR ) They were busy on the weekend but was pretty quiet by the time we arrived on Suday mid afternoon.

2) Towel lady wanted in this picture. LOL

3) Bob chillin poolside

4) Bob hard at work while ......

5) James plays in the disappearing edge pool.
Attached Thumbnails Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-122-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-130-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-133-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg  

Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-143-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-142-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg  
Old 05-12-2009, 09:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

1 & 2 ) Bimini Bay Resort sunset.

3) Leaving Bimini Monday morning

4) Arrival in Ft lauderdale an hour later

5) Back on the trailer. Clean as a whistle. No bathtub ring - the waters of the Bahamas are sooo crystal clear. If you ever get the chance, do it. End of story till next time.

All the best and thanks for following along.

Bob

PS - I found Spot last night while unpacking. Made its way into a secret compartment in one of my bags.
Attached Thumbnails Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-144-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-145-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-155-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg  

Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-156-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg   Bobthebuilder's next adventure - Part 1, Ft Lauderdale to Turks & Caicos-bahamas-may-2009-160-%5Bdesktop-resolution%5D.jpg  
Old 05-12-2009, 04:56 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 368 Likes on 247 Posts

guys like you and GLH gives us motivation of similar trip hopefully someday! Thanks for taking the time to share those unique pictures!
Old 05-12-2009, 08:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thanks Jeff. A trip like this can be done in boats less than 50 ft but the key is always keep an eye on the weather. You also have to be prepared to change your plans along the way as again the weather is going to dictate the days you can travel and how far. In the Bahamas you can hop from island to island and in most cases if you have a 100 mile range, could always get regular gas or diesel. High octane fuel is definitely a problem tho. I went into this with my eyes wide open and cannot say that there were any real surprises or any situations we could not deal with. I was disappointed of coarse that we did not get to Turks and Caicos but will plan that for a summer run sometime. We knew we were a bit early in trying to do it. June / July / August are better months but then you are into hurricane season and my insurance company had a problem with that. There is no good place to hide out there if one comes thru. It was a bit worrisome leaving the boat behind at marinas and locals far from home that we knew little about. An hour before I flew out of Georgetown once a guy at the marina said to me " So do you think your boat will be here when you get back? - 4 boats have been stolen from here in the last month, all going to Jamaica on drug runs. " I can tell that story now that the boat is safely back in FL.
Bob
Old 05-13-2009, 02:19 AM
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default shirt

Bob
That looks like one of them Mornin Smoke Poker Run shirts!
Old 05-13-2009, 05:26 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by jmbtile

Bob
That looks like one of them Mornin Smoke Poker Run shirts!
He, he. By GURU. Thanks for making me look good, Joe. I have ordered them in red / white as well as blue / white combo's and promise I will not bring red / white to 1,000 Islands when I see you there. Nice cool material if they are the same?
Bob
Old 05-13-2009, 05:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great stuff...thanks for sharing.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the great story and pics! Looking forward to your future adventures.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:20 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Thanks, Bruce, Jim and so many others. I guess this adventure is not over till I'm finally home. This morning as I flew across US 41 in my rental car to catch a 10 AM flight to Toronto, I blew up the motor. It's good to know I can still do that ! LOL
Since I missed my flight I got another car and am now at South Beach having lunch. Next flight is 3:40 so should be home in time for a late dinner.
Bob

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.