Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Great News!!  Media Information Wanted From Georgia Race Teams >

Great News!! Media Information Wanted From Georgia Race Teams

Notices

Great News!! Media Information Wanted From Georgia Race Teams

Old 03-19-2002, 12:23 PM
Michelle May-Schmidt

Lightbulb Great News!! Media Information Wanted From Georgia Race Teams

GREAT NEWS!! MEDIA INFORMATION WANTED FROM GEORGIA RACE TEAMS.

For Immediate Release

MEDIA ALERT!!
Georgia Newspaper to Highlight Powerboat Race Teams in Monthly Series

Fort Lauderdale, FL - - The Lakeside Press, in conjunction with the Lanier Harbor Marina Poker Run 2002 and www.pokerrun.com, will be publishing a monthly racing report on powerboat racers in the greater Atlanta, Georgia area. Michelle May - Schmidt, President of Over The Edge Motorsports Marketing, has been selected as the featured writer and will receive a byline for the ongoing series of stories.

Schmidt, who is a featured writer for Poker Runs America Magazine, and Editor of the Offshore Racing Review, is seeking Information on race teams that live in the state of Georgia for the kickoff article. Information for April must be submitted no later than the 20th of this month.

"I will also be available for interviews and updates at the APBA Offshore National Pro Series events as well as Super Boat International Events and am looking forward to bringing some great stories back for the spectators and fans of Georgia. This is a great step to bringing the sport of offshore powerboat racing to the forefront," said Schmidt, who added that this venture was the brainstorm of Barkley Geib, organizer for the Lanier Harbor Marina Poker Run 2002 and developer of www.pokerrun.com.

Geib, who is an official Paceboat for the APBA Offshore Pro Series events for 2002 as part of the Formula Racing Team, will also sponsor the Super Vee Light team of John Miller and Gary Vaughn competing under the name www.pokerrun.com. In addition, he has also sponsored Dr. Gerardo Santiago's Zero Cavity Poker Run Team, on the Doctors' 2002 Child SMILE America Tour. Santiago has planned stops at the Super Boat International/RSVP series race event in Fort Myers, Florida, as well as the RSVP event in Corpus Christi, where he will be an official Paceboat and celebrity guest, giving rides to kids from the children's charities each race event supports. In August, Santiago, the "Hometown Hero" will head to beautiful Lake Lanier Islands for the Lanier Harbor Marina 2002 Poker Run as a celebrity guest to help raise funds for children's charities there.

To include your team in the article, Schmidt is asking for submission of the following:
Team Name
Team and Crew Members/Hometown
Boat/Class/Circuits Racing
Sponsors
Quote about racing, charity, season, achievements, etc.
Contact Telephone
Email address

PLEASE SUBMIT VIA EMAIL NOW TO:
Michelle May - Schmidt
via email
[email protected]
or via
www.overtheedgemotorsports.com
Tel/Fax 954-796-9226
PLEASE MARK ATTN.: GEORGIA RACE TEAM

TO DOWNLOAD A COMPLIMENTARY COPY OF THE
OFFSHORE RACING REVIEW
go to www.overtheedgemotorsports.com
visit Offshore Race & Poker Run Events page
www.overtheedgemotorsports.com

Old 03-19-2002, 06:12 PM
Dreamweaver

Cool!

We're not a race team, but we're ATLANTA POWER BOAT CLUB!

Anytime you're in the Atlanta area, come by and we'll show you a good time!!!!!!

Karen (aka DreamWeaver)

Old 03-20-2002, 11:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Karen,

e-mail Michelle and give her the news on the club, I'm sure we are all interested...that's the stuff we are looking for.... Barkley
Old 03-23-2002, 08:33 AM
Michelle May-Schmidt

Yes Karen -
Please send me the info on your club, dates of events, etc. I am interested to work with you on participation in the Lanier Harbor Marina Poker Run 2002 as well. We would love to have you all attend.
Please email me right away!

Thanks again -
Michelle May - Schmidt

PS - Any of you other Georgia Racers or Poker Runs, email me as well! The column is MONTHLY, so we NEED news! And stop by my website and register to win the 2001 Freeze Frame Video Skater Year in Review at www.overtheedgemotorsports.com - you can click on links and come right back here!www.overtheedgemotorsports.com