Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Got a serious problem I think... need advice... >

Got a serious problem I think... need advice...

Notices

Got a serious problem I think... need advice...

Old 04-18-2009, 08:10 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,815 Likes on 903 Posts

Originally Posted by SmurfOnAGixxer
Well, when I was washing the deck. I sprayed pretty good up near the aft corners (the bottom corners of the rear bench kick panel) so instead of directing the water through the center access panel, quite a bit got pushed into either aft corner, I am assuming how it got into the stringers.

I just did not know if this was normal.
That would be the cockpit floor, not the deck.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Griff
That would be the cockpit floor, not the deck.
Sorry for misuse of terms.
Old 04-18-2009, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is your boat elevated in the front? It should be slightly raised in the bow using the tongue jack so the water will run out the drain plug (you do have it out).
Old 04-18-2009, 08:58 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by orthos1
Is your boat elevated in the front? It should be slightly raised in the bow using the tongue jack so the water will run out the drain plug (you do have it out).
Yes the bow was up, the plug was out, and the bilge drained just fine. This is just standing water between the stringers.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:08 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

I had a similar problem on another boat I had. There where wells along side of the engines that would hold water. Came to find out that the previous owner had run the bilge pump overboard hoses thru the holes back near the tramsom plugging the drains. Rerouted the hoses, no more problem.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:09 AM
Registered

If you install "limber holes" make sure you coat the inside of the hole with epoxy to prevent water absorbtion.

Ken
Old 04-19-2009, 08:56 PM
Registered

So is this not a serious problem? As long as I keep the water out of there, and check for clogged drain holes.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 366 Likes on 245 Posts

have fun now!
Old 04-19-2009, 09:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SmurfOnAGixxer
So is this not a serious problem? As long as I keep the water out of there, and check for clogged drain holes.
No problem with the drain system. but I did see a problem in the photos you took. The drive oil bottle was real low, Also if that boat has been sitting that long it is time for a full service with a new impeller, and get the old fuel out of the tank be for you run it. Also you should have the oil changed out at your fuel pump by the fuel filter when you do the impeller most of the time there will be fuel in that oil and you should be doing that oil every time you do a impeller butt from what i have seen some places are not doing it so you might need to tell the service guy to do it up front. the oil you need to use then is the same oil you will put in the drive

Last edited by Boat Tech; 04-19-2009 at 09:55 PM.
Old 04-19-2009, 09:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by boat teck
No problem with the drain system. but I did see a problem in the photos you took. The drive oil bottle was real low, Also if that boat has been sitting that long it is time for a full service with a new impeller, and get the old fuel out of the tank be for you run it.
Good eye...

Got a whole box of goodies for the drive and engine.

New bellows and gimbal going in, along with new drive lube, oil change, fuel filter, complete raw water pump setup and drive belts.

Fuel has been drained, and a fresh 90 gallons in.

That is next weekends project. Got the tools, manual, and parts. And being a master auto tech, I think I can hopefully accomplish this myself, although if I have any troubles, I can turn to the lovely folks of OSO!!!!

Last edited by SmurfOnABoat; 04-19-2009 at 10:01 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.