Demo ride in the new STATEMENT MARINE 42' >

Demo ride in the new STATEMENT MARINE 42'

Notices

Demo ride in the new STATEMENT MARINE 42'

Old 04-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Demo ride in the new STATEMENT MARINE 42'

Holy WOW!!! I was at the docks at the St. Pete Grand Prix this past weekend. Saw the new STATEMENT MARINE 42' sitting at the dock, getting all this attention. I saw it at Poker Runs America the week before, and looked GOOD!!!

So in the middle of the day, I managed to be able to join in on a demo ride in Tampa Bay. Right from the start, I was like...WOW! The US Coast Guard wouldn't let us get up on plane until we got about 200 yds. off the Pier! Anyway, got up on plan quickly with 5 people on board and a full tank of fuel.

As we hit just over 100, I found myself talking casually with Nick Buis, driver, and was amazed at the smooth ride. This is the 1st and only boat with the patented cockpit cushion. Seriously, the entire cockpit was sitting on a suspension! Nothing like I've ever seen or felt before! Not only was the boat riding smooth, but the suspension actually made it that much of a better ride!

So as we started heading closer to its 137 MPH top speed, at about 125, I tell Nick (without headsets) that I am wowed by no chine walking. He had one hand on the wheel and one on the throttles. I had to laugh as he gives me the 'surfs up' signal from his steering hand. Yup...he let go of the steering wheel for about 5-6 seconds as we approached 128 MPH! And the boat did not nudge! I was floored!

Boat turned very nicely, and we headed back to the docks. Yup...with a permanent grin! I'm waiting for my next ride!!

Extremely well built boat, very stable and super modern looking! Great job guys! This is a tech masterpiece. And they said they gotta do a few more tweaks to it! Holy cow...you mean they're gonna make it even better!?!?!? Look out competition!!! I'll be on the STATEMENT!!

While practicing my new video editing skills, I put together this video on YouTube. Just something I messed around with...check it out at this link...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoWkHQLplj8
Old 04-10-2009, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sick boat. I really like the lines. The suspended cockpit is a nice touch. Is there a cabin under the bow?
Old 04-10-2009, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 62 Likes on 17 Posts

Thanks for sharing!!!
Old 04-10-2009, 12:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Great looking boat, fast, loved the windshield and interior, as you said it was stable with no chine walk, handled like a dream and that suspension floor has set a new bar in performance boat building. It doesn't look like you need to practice your video editing skills, as the video was great. Thanks for sharing your experience on board the Statement Marine 42.
Old 04-10-2009, 02:31 PM
Registered

Thanks for the thumbs up on the videos. I'm going to get better at it and post them all! I hope to do more for STATEMENT MARINE, as I enjoy doing this stuff, and that is surely a boat that leaves me speechless. As former OPBA President for many years...I've seen many, many boats! The competition should be shaking in their boots!

There is a cabin underneath, but I did not go down in it as the hype was pretty good on the dock. Lots of networking! Look for more videos from me!

See ya on the water!
Old 04-10-2009, 03:10 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Awesome.....Thanks for the ride !

LS
Old 04-10-2009, 03:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by pokerrunmike
Thanks for the thumbs up on the videos. I'm going to get better at it and post them all! I hope to do more for STATEMENT MARINE, as I enjoy doing this stuff, and that is surely a boat that leaves me speechless. As former OPBA President for many years...I've seen many, many boats! The competition should be shaking in their boots!

There is a cabin underneath, but I did not go down in it as the hype was pretty good on the dock. Lots of networking! Look for more videos from me!

See ya on the water!
What a ride! My friends and I were is Sarasota two weeks ago for the poker run,we were lucky enough to get a ride on this boat. Let me say again WHAT A RIDE, WOW !!!!!The engineering that went into the cockpit just raised the bar on the rest of the pack!! I have almost the same video but from the back seat. Ive been to 127 many times ,but never that smooth or stable. Let me say it again WOW!!!!!! STATEMENT !! Thanks Todd and Chip.
Old 04-10-2009, 05:33 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

$$$$$$$$$$$???
Old 04-10-2009, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 201 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by lucky strike
Awesome.....Thanks for the ride !

LS
Steve......this boat is really a step up for everyone. We all remember being blown away by the first Donzi's and Magnums and then Cigarettes.....but this boat will set the stage for a lot of boat builders to rethink what a deep Vee is capable of.

This was one of only 3 deep Vees that made the lunch stop at the St Pete poker run in very big water...No Cigarettes or Outerlimits or..... Bananas, for that matter were there....this boat just does it.

We are looking at some new ideas for our 39 and 42. I think this is good for everyone, especially the final owner....the future is here..... and we just glimpsed it.

Congrats Tod and Nick...well done...you have made quite a Statement!!
Old 04-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Registered

Thanks for all the positive response. We have worked hard to bring in something new, yet innovative and with real value. To answer a couple questions; yes there is a cabin below. VERY plush and ergonomically correct, not just hard benches. soft touch fabric and lo
ts of headroom for a sit down boat. Future versions may have a glass lined head compt, TV, A/C, whatever the customer wants. WE ARE NOT BIG ON LOADING UP THE PRICE WITH OPTIONS. the boat is only so big so what you want you get. Each one will be built to spec.
We haven't discussed a race boat yet but... what you want is what you get! Please look us up, track us down. we would be happy to see everyone and show the boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.