Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Any suggestions?  Magic Cat motor blew up 1.5hrs after purchase! >

Any suggestions? Magic Cat motor blew up 1.5hrs after purchase!

Notices

Any suggestions? Magic Cat motor blew up 1.5hrs after purchase!

Old 04-21-2009, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
OUCH !!!! Phuchin is right any without any LUBE
wow that reminds me of being all blocked up after my knee replacement surgery, lube did NOT HELP, POOR NURSES
Old 04-21-2009, 01:46 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 16 Posts

I would be curious to see this boat. There was one in our area a couple years back that sounds much like this boat!!!
Old 04-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree the prices are way over the top. Let him know that there is a recesion going on and you don't expect him to make up his slow year on you!!!! OUCH. Like Airtime said shipping a motor is not a huge deal and if you send it to a real good guy like Dean or some of the other guys that frequent this board you will be happy. There is a reason that guys that own Outer Limits and so on use them.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:40 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Find another engine builder FAST! You should be able to put together another short block for about 5-6 grand total! Then just use the rest of your blown engine accessories heads ect. 23 grand! Wow who's he think he is?
Old 04-21-2009, 10:43 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

I really hate to hear stories like this. I would be glad to do whatever I can to help you get running again. Give me a call or email if you get a chance. I would be glad to put a quote together for you as cheap as I possibly can to get you back on the water. If you have any questions or just need some advice, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Eddie
Old 04-22-2009, 12:35 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bhutten, sorry to hear about the mess. Like others have said, forget the lawyer, and start looking for a reputable engine builder that is also fair. A lot of good names have come up and there are a number of them on this board. You should be able to have the boat on the water in no time. Best of luck.

Darrell.
Old 04-22-2009, 12:59 AM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,783 Likes on 884 Posts

Originally Posted by nebraskabaja
I would be curious to see this boat. There was one in our area a couple years back that sounds much like this boat!!!
Yeah, but Tommy's boat had a 496Ho from the factory and he had it procharged. He had all kinds of issues all the time.
Old 04-22-2009, 01:16 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 798 Likes on 366 Posts

Other than OUTRAGEOUS prices on having the motor fixed the thing I find hard to remotely believe is that any boat within 500 miles of havazoo would only had 104 hours on it in 7 years although it's really irrelevant at this point,Smitty
Old 04-22-2009, 01:24 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I will say that reading your first post made my stomach turn.. Used boat , as is , ect...ect.. It still sucks & then to be talked to that way after already having a day like that just adds icing to the cake !!

Do yourself a favor no matter what you decide , or which way you decide to go & take a few minutes of your time to take Eddie up on his offer and at least give him a call.. (post 25) Wont cost you a dime & will be well worth the phone call...

Last edited by littledcsrodshop; 04-22-2009 at 01:27 AM.
Old 04-22-2009, 09:33 AM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gm is selling brand new 572 short blocks for less than 6k even with a piston change it seems to me that you could be back in business for around 12K assuming the heads and intake/blower are good. BTW be sure to do a complete rework of the heads including new valves, guides etc. It would be a shame to drop a valve on a shiny new short block.

Taking up Eddie Youngs offer is definitely a great start. There are other builders out your way that will treat you right also. Your builder sounds expensive for what you need, but that may be his market.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.