Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Boat off trailer again...... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/207498-boat-off-trailer-again.html)

Dock Holiday 04-24-2009 09:26 AM

Originally Posted by BraceYourself (Post 2851191)
I feel bad for the owner.

Looks like the bunks were set up to have the bow high. The tounge with that truck also put the trailer on a slight upward angle. Then factor in new carpet on trailer and the underneith of the boat being near perfect. Then tuns of weight on the transom (4 engines/drives), all it took was a little acceleration with the truck and one inch of movement started the slide.

+1

That is too bad and hopefully we can all learn. I just replaced my three year old straps because they were showing signs of wear and getting a little weathered. They are too cheap to take chances with. I have five straps on plus the winch cable and lets face it in a bad situation anything can happen.

Be safe out there

Roger 1 04-24-2009 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36 (Post 2851154)
OOPS:eek: Straps come in handy:rolleyes:

Any suggestions as to where one could obtain some good quality American made straps?

grads2112 04-24-2009 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by salesmanship (Post 2851699)
It was a clever attempt at trying to hide the identity from the media.

Why would they cover that up? It's not Nor-Tech's fault that it fell off the trailer and with as many people (boaters and non-boaters) that are going to see it in the news it might be some good free advertising. I think most people will look at it and see one bad ass boat. Similiar to when someone wraps a Ferrari around a light pole and they show it on the news, it doesn't make people want a Ferrari any less. Like the old saying...Any publicity is good publicity.

Bow-Shield 04-24-2009 12:31 PM

whoever was drivin the twuck shoulda got a little time out....don'tcha think?

AppSysCons 04-24-2009 01:22 PM

Seems to happen way to frequently down here.

Must be all the sunshine.

Comanche3Six 04-24-2009 01:29 PM

Expensive powerboat, that's a shame. Fix it and move forward. That's all you can do at this point.

Ghostrider 04-24-2009 03:02 PM

Any report on the extent (total) of the damage yet?

I noticed the RH prop had been pulled off the shaft and the back of the case had dragged, wouldn't that mean a whole new lower?

I guess it would be alright so long as what we can see is the extent of the damage. I hope nothing has broken in the drive uppers or transom!

Poor owner, it would be tragic getting a phonecall from a trucking company saying, "Um sir, you better get over here, we've had an 'incident' you could say, but I'm okay! You have insurance right??"

My condolences to the owner.