Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Checking a boats history (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/207532-checking-boats-history.html)

Cigaretteman 04-24-2009 07:56 AM

Checking a boats history

Hi,

I am considering buying a boat here in Europe that came here from USA 3-4 years ago. Are there anywhere online it is possible to check if there has been any accidents with this boat?

Cigaretteman

mikebrls 04-24-2009 08:29 AM

goto, www. boattrader.com and the click on resources and goto nada there should be a link to check if there were any insurance claims on the boat .
i hope this help's
there mite be other's im sure someone else will chime in and let you know .

mike

Cigaretteman 04-24-2009 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by mikebrls (Post 2851740)
goto, www. boattrader.com and the click on resources and goto nada there should be a link to check if there were any insurance claims on the boat .
i hope this help's
there mite be other's im sure someone else will chime in and let you know .

mike

Hi mike,

Thanks, I tried boathistoryreport but when you get to the paying part they do not have my country listed so I canīt pay.
Any other sites?

Cigaretteman

seafordguy 04-24-2009 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Cigaretteman (Post 2851745)
Hi mike,

Thanks, I tried boathistoryreport but when you get to the paying part they do not have my country listed so I canīt pay.
Any other sites?

Cigaretteman

What boat is it - if it is a cig/apache/nortech/OL/Skater/MTI the odds are pretty good that this group of people here can piece together the entire history.

Cigaretteman 04-24-2009 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by seafordguy (Post 2851765)
What boat is it - if it is a cig/apache/nortech/OL/Skater/MTI the odds are pretty good that this group of people here can piece together the entire history.

It is actually a 47 Fountain(sorry for swearing) with Yanmar diesels. It was in St. Marteen when it was new and and then came to Europe a few years ago. Boat is all white.

GLH 04-24-2009 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Cigaretteman (Post 2851779)
It is actually a 47 Fountain(sorry for swearing) with Yanmar diesels.

Blasfamy!

It's a Fountain you should be all set and pass all the cats in your area. :D

Cigaretteman 04-24-2009 05:31 PM

Originally Posted by GLH (Post 2852042)
Blasfamy!

I kow I am a disgrace to my kind but it cruises at 16 gallons an hour and we get tax free diesel, Engines run approx 2.000 hours between rebuilds and it still tops out at 70 mph there must be some kind of redemption due to those numbers:hitfan:

Cigaretteman 04-24-2009 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by GLH (Post 2852042)
Blasfamy!

All the cats in my area have four legs so you know I am the king when I can outrun all the cats in a Fountain:party-smiley-004:

sean stinson 04-24-2009 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Cigaretteman (Post 2851717)
Hi,

I am considering buying a boat here in Europe that came here from USA 3-4 years ago. Are there anywhere online it is possible to check if there has been any accidents with this boat?

Cigaretteman

Try posting a pic of the boat you're buying....Cigman