If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My Boats:
    Velocity 41'
    Lake Norman, N.C.
    Probably got the manatee guts out with all the rough water on Saturday. Glad it fixed itself

My Boats:
    Quote Originally Posted by Velocity Tom View Post
    My isue was at idle ret. from running the boat only.
    I just got back from running it and it is fine. the eng. with the isue is now 10deg cooler than before.
    Maby I sucked up something and blew it out running back yesterday.
    I had the exact same problem with my 500 efi's a couple of years ago. We backflushed everything and it ended up being the oil coolers in the rear of the motor that was full of pebbles preventing constant flow at low rpms. It would not get hot at high rpms on plane because it was getting so much water pressure. Flushed the heck out of it, used an air hose, and finished it off with wire hangers. The holes in the cooler are small though and a few grains of sand/rock/debris can really piss you off. Found out mine was happening anytime I got near a sand beach due to the stepped hull and the low water pickups on my drives. Good luck.

Jacksonville FL
    i had heat problems, back flushed, took out thermostat, etc.... ended up it was the blue run dry impeller i had in it didnt fit right in the pump housing.... got a new pump and impeller and all is good

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12