Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Desert Storm, who was the Top Gun on Fridays Poker run? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/207631-desert-storm-who-top-gun-fridays-poker-run.html)

ttech 04-28-2009 04:16 AM

Yea, it was a little sketchy out there. More annoying was the fact that every time the safety boats pushed you back, said "ok, you are good there" you had enough time to set anchor and relax before they came back around to push you back another 50 feet... only about 5 times in a row.

Same thing happened last year trying to watch and finally bailed just because of the PITA to either stay back or not get clipped by people wandering (stumbling) through a bunch of moored boats.

The more erratic the runs get the further they keep pushing ya back.

The 33' was nutty... there was some good wind at times and solid chop, even on the south side.

PhantomChaos 04-29-2009 12:19 AM

Originally Posted by thisistank (Post 2853192)
The silver/black M35 was driven by JT and supposedly he went off course and came close to spectators. He hasn't been heard from to give his side of the story, but I'm sure there was not malcontent involved.

The red/white M35 (driven by Mr DCB himself) sprayed Bobbit and Pyburn and a few others down at the start. Supposedly there's some good video coming of the unsafe driving practices there. Stand by......

That PB thread I read ealier today was crazy!!

===================

Near Miss With The Dcb M35 Black/silver

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My wife and friends were anchored just north of catail cove about 50ft offshore when the poker run came through. The driver of the black and silver Dcb M35 swung wide and ran through the spectator boats behind the safety boat and barely missed us by 20 ft. This scared the living F***
out of all of us, if you ever seen a boat coming head on at you at 100 plus you will know this feeling.

TO THE DRIVER AND THROTTLE MAN-
IF I EVER RUN INTO YOU FACE TO FACE AND WE WILL, I OWE YOU SOMETHING. YOU PUT MY WIFE MY FRIENDS AND SEVERAL OTHER PEOPLES LIVES AT RISK RUNNING THROUGH SPECTATOR BOATS ALL FOR THE SAKE TRYING TO BE FIRST.

YOU TRULY ARE THE BIGGEST PILE OF S**T THERE IS!

BattleCry 04-29-2009 12:24 AM

That silver 38 Skater with the "1200hp":D Chiefs in it and no canopy was just downright WICKED FAST. They completed the poker run in under an hour. That boat has number Gino and its already dialing it.:evilb:

BattleCry 04-29-2009 12:32 AM

cfischer 04-29-2009 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by BattleCry (Post 2855019)
That silver 38 Skater with the "1200hp":D Chiefs in it and no canopy was just downright WICKED FAST. They completed the poker run in under an hour. That boat has number Gino and its already dialing it.:evilb:

Heard the boat ran over 180MPH!!!

customryder 04-29-2009 10:36 AM

180 in a 33 Eliminator? = no brains or nuts the size of bowling balls... :eek:

RunninHotRacing163.1 04-29-2009 10:53 AM

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ernaehrung004:

BLee 04-29-2009 02:53 PM

I rode around in it all day Friday, and it's got some serious snap! :musik010:

FREEDOM US1 04-29-2009 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by BLee (Post 2855461)
I rode around in it all day Friday, and it's got some serious snap! :musik010:

That had to be fun!! Who's boat is it?

thisistank 04-29-2009 10:03 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Skater was representin' hard....:eek: