Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Memphis Audio speakers? amps?  anybody use them? >

Memphis Audio speakers? amps? anybody use them?

Notices

Memphis Audio speakers? amps? anybody use them?

Old 04-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im running a 1100 class D Memphis amp. Its a great amp.
Im running it at 1 ohm for 4- 10" subs for two years now.
I do not have the marine version. I just made sure I mounted in the cabin where it stays dry.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm running 4 Memphis 12's, 4 Memphis 6.5's, 4 Memphis 4's, 3 Orion 8's and 4 Bostin 2" with 3 JL amps. It sounds pretty good.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 05-02-2009, 12:21 AM
Registered

Im Running 8 of the memphis coaxial 8's and 4 kicker solobaric 12's . 2 orion 2250 for bass 2 orion 2100 for mids( big ones with the fans in the center). Hits hard and is very clean
Old 05-02-2009, 10:32 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

No experience with their speakers but use a marine Memphis
Belle to power 4 JL Audio 6.5's and a 10" JL sub. Sound is crisp, bass has excellent punch and is solid with the deep notes. Single amp suits my needs for now but if you want concert level volume, go with at least two. Overall an excellent amp.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:32 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to bump an old post but I stumbled across this and felt compelled to let people know about my experience with Memphis.

I installed a couple pairs of their 6.5" components in one of my boats a while back, the initial sound quality was nice and loud and I was happy with my purchase -INITIALLY. I only used them on about 2 or three freshwater trips before I put it up last summer. The boat was pulled out of storage this summer and all but one of them have fallen apart. The boat was kept out of the elements under a cover in our shop. I have another boat thats stored outdoors under a cover equipped with JL audios that were installed around the same time and they are still going strong.

The local dealer went out of business after a decade so I called memphis not to demand a set but to speak with someone about this issue Since maybe its something theyve dealt with and was basically told Im SOL without anyone even taking the effort to have me send them and get inspected.

So all in all, Im very dissatisfied with the performance and lack of customer service from Memphis, and Ive had all sorts of marine equipment in my boats from sony and clarion, panasonic kenwood and JL and never had anything fail so quick, even stuff that was kept outdoors with no cover on the boat.

Buyer beware.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:40 PM
Charter Member #1171
Charter Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Was it the white marine speakers?

I have had them in my boat for the last 4 years with no issues.

Im in Chicago though
Old 05-31-2011, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

I have 8 8" and 8 6.5 " in my boat. They are powered by jl amps but the speakers sound great and couldnt ask for better speakers for the price
Old 05-31-2011, 03:31 PM
Registered

I use memphis audio stuff in all my vehicles but went jl for marine use. Theirs mids and highs are killer
Old 05-31-2011, 03:58 PM
Registered

Obnoxus,
They were the white marine Memphis, 6.5'' components that look just like the ones in TX450's post.

Like I said, I was happy with the initial sound quality, they just fell apart fast. It's frustrating when other products are clearly outlasting it in the same environment and with little use.
Old 05-31-2011, 05:03 PM
Registered

Over the past three weeks I have installed some new Memphis gear in the Lightning 6-6.5in, 2-8in, and 2-10in. All powered by the single five channel amp new for this year at 750 watts. With a Sony head unit and Pyle Marine Cap, the system sounds great! Also used Memphis in my Scarab 22 and never has a issue. That system was only a five speaker with the MAD-600 powering everything and sounded awesome. I stand behind the product, by the way Fountain Grills off Ebay plus LED's make for a good look at night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.