Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Crockett Marine Small Block >

Crockett Marine Small Block

Notices

Crockett Marine Small Block

Old 05-14-2009, 12:42 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The LS engines from GM are an awesome engine. I have been gathering parts for my own build. Parts are everywhere and plentiful. GM Performance L92 heads are my choice and flow very nice and $1000 for the pair. Raylar, what is the price on your LSM engine package? I am only going with 8.7:1 compression and in hopes of achieving 440hp and 450tq or even lower compression and running turbos.

Tyler, an LS based engine is something that I hope to see from you.

BA
Old 05-14-2009, 06:55 AM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BattleCry
The LS engines from GM are an awesome engine. I have been gathering parts for my own build. Parts are everywhere and plentiful. GM Performance L92 heads are my choice and flow very nice and $1000 for the pair. Raylar, what is the price on your LSM engine package? I am only going with 8.7:1 compression and in hopes of achieving 440hp and 450tq or even lower compression and running turbos.

Tyler, an LS based engine is something that I hope to see from you.

BA

We are going to come up with a package as soon as we get every one cleared out of the shop and on the water. I think we can make over 500 HP without to much trouble.
Old 05-14-2009, 07:34 AM
Registered

Received 1,328 Likes on 741 Posts

Tyler,

How do you think the torque will be on an LSM compared to a merc 525?

Has anyone did a blower boat version? Seems like for smaller twin motor boats it would be a nice package, how much would we save in weight?
Old 05-15-2009, 01:57 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TylerCrockett
We are going to come up with a package as soon as we get every one cleared out of the shop and on the water. I think we can make over 500 HP without to much trouble.
500 HP is very achievable and reliable. Im am using the LS2 engine block. I havent decided on my bore and stroke combination yet. Probably something close to square. I believe that Innovation Marine has done some testing with the LS engine already. Some of the automotive forums have a plentiful supply of information for this style of engine. I am definitely going with closed cooling to control the internals of the engine(corrosion) and be able to live in salt water.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very impressive Tyler. I am currently running a 600 hp Dart block based 406. Interested in the Fuel Injection. I feel that it would gain some manners around the docks!! What would a setup like that run and can I add it to my Super Victor??
Old 05-17-2009, 10:12 AM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DKerns
Very impressive Tyler. I am currently running a 600 hp Dart block based 406. Interested in the Fuel Injection. I feel that it would gain some manners around the docks!! What would a setup like that run and can I add it to my Super Victor??
Yes you can weld the injector bungs in your manifold like we did. We put the FAST system on this project. It will be around 3500. with throttlebody,harness, ecu,fuel system.
Old 05-17-2009, 10:46 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TylerCrockett
Yes you can weld the injector bungs in your manifold like we did. We put the FAST system on this project. It will be around 3500. with throttlebody,harness, ecu,fuel system.
Thanks for the reply Tyler. I would love to build a twin to the engine I have and find an old 30 Velocity to put them in. I really think inj is the way to go. Just have to weigh the odds on the cost.