Notices

Long distance boat buying

Old 05-01-2009, 11:19 AM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyboatman
Ive Bought Two Without Seeing Them, Prepare For Some Suprises
Yep, I would advise against buying sight unseen unless you have someone like Ed cozzi survey it. When I bought sight unseen I had a loan and the bank wired the money after they had all their ducks in a row (title, registration, etc). Engines lasted about 10 hours
Old 05-01-2009, 11:56 AM
WMF
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 35 Likes on 10 Posts

Well, I bouhgt my 28 Apache sight unseen, and you guys know the rest of the story
Old 05-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

dont do it period have some one go look at it for you where is it .some on the board will help
Old 05-01-2009, 12:09 PM
Registered

Received 159 Likes on 78 Posts

Get a survey, but for the price of the survey you could hop on a plane and do it in one day. Remember, boat will be sold to you as is. I coudn't make that kind of commitment without touching the boat. Just my 2 cents.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:11 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I would fly there and be there the day of the survey, do the bay test with the surveyor.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:23 PM
Registered

Received 283 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by daredevil
And dont trust a survey !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did and it cost me allot of green to fix it !!!
I agree 100%
Old 05-01-2009, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OkieTunnel
May be buying a boat I am having surveyed. Cant go see it and cant go get it. How do i do the transaction so it protects both the sellers and buyers interests when I am 1600 miles away.

I did the same thing, not a boat two motors (from this site) and had it checked, but nothing as it was said. Best thing to do, go out there the same day that you will have it shipped, make sure gets on the transportation truck and it's exactly like they said and have the seller pay for you ticket first and if it's what he said pay him back for the ticket. Where is the boat at? If nearby me (Hollywood Hills, CA) i would check it out for you

Good luck

Last edited by empire0007; 05-01-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

I bought the Cigarette in Ok and i live in Ca but i flew out and looked at it.
My Formula was from New Jersey and i had it Surveyed But there were some issues that i could have dealt with before giving him the money but after the fact it was a no deal. It would have saved me some money if i had spent the cash for a ticket.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I plan on going through alot of this boat anyway. I was more concerned about making sure I end up with a boat and a title for my money. I found a hauler that alot of people use around here to inspect, water test, and then haul it home. After he looks it over I can wire money and he can pull home. He's already going to be in that region of the country when I need it. This is exactly the type of solution I was looking for.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by johnny g
an airplane ticket is cheap comared to...
+1 on this... just factor a plane ticket into the cost of the boat. Pretty cheap insurance to make sure the boat is what YOU want. I just bought my second boat long distance, but made a point to go see both of them in person. Then again, my old-lady says I have a pretty good case of OCD. Good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.