Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Px Class (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/20799-px-class.html)

eMotiondriver 03-24-2002 05:14 PM

If they can't win in your class find a P class to win in .:eek: :eek: :eek: :p

eMotiondriver 03-24-2002 05:45 PM

I bought a NEW PLEASURE boat of the year 2000.. Sorry You can't race your boat because it's newer than mine... Get real Shock Wave dude,.,.,.,::p :cool: :rolleyes: :mad: :confused:

Fastcat 03-24-2002 07:05 PM

Doug , PX classes were initiated at st. pete because some people with retired canopy raceboats(with speeds well over 110 mph) wanted to come out and flex their muscles. You know big fish in the little pond syndrome any how the 100 mph cap on the P- classes went out the window. The exception to the canopy boats was "RockIt" and that boat was EXTREMELY impressive for a real pleasure boat. Doug, you and many others have experienced what the P-Classes were intended for and that was for a wanabee boatracer to get the chance to get out there and prove to himself and other that you've got what it takes and that boatracing is something that you might want to make a significant investment in. After all not everyone likes running at top speed for 45 min. to 1 hour. Most people are boat drag racers you know hit top speed for a minute or two back off and cruise, which is great if that what you like. IT TAKES A SPECIAL TYPE OF PERSON TO GO AT TOP SPEED AN ENTIRE RACE. APBA offshore had a perfect tool in the P- classes to find these people and convert them from pleasure boaters to boat racers that is till they F'ed it all up!!!

Ryan , Dougs boat is legal in super cat light outboard, if we would have registered it last year. Now if Milklos makes an exception that would be great, NOW IF YOU WOULD BE SO KIND ASK HIM IF THEY WILL PAY THE FIRST,SECOND AND THIRD PLACE PRIZE MONEY FOR OUR CLASS! See what kind of answer that you get. If were are going to race for free and take the chance of hurting the boat or the crew , hell we want to race you off tampa bay for a beer and hot dog its more fun and a whole lot less aggrivating. Oh and it won't cost $10,000 a year hot dogs and beer are cheap!!

Ryan Beckley 03-24-2002 07:40 PM

Dennis and all. The biggest problem with P class is that there is NO PRIZE MONEY! It's just for fun. That's the weirdest thing about people spending all this money to race these classes. I think it's great that SBI is offering prize money for these classes BUT the entry fee is $500.00 bucks and you still probably have to have 5 boats to get paid.

puder 03-24-2002 09:36 PM

entry is $500 !!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

Ron P 03-24-2002 11:43 PM

Interesting subject. I certainly don't have all the aswers but here are my 2 cents.

I thought that P class racing was a catch all for boats that don't fit into a National Class. Such as A and B class race boats built to the old rules or a 25' cat with a procharged 502.

I would think that any boat that fits into a National Class should be made to run in that class. No hunting for a flag!

As for the guys running blown Superboats, they should race with SBI in the Superboat class as APBA banned these boats a few years back. Now they rename the class PX??? And once again we see one or two boats in a class. What is up with that?? I guess if I had the money to burn then I might ...nah, too fast.

If the racers want shorter races then they should run in divisional events. Or race a smaller boat.

On the flip side, the santioning body is basically being paid to set up a safe and secure race course so that anyone who wants to pay to race can do so as long as they meet the safety requirements.

I guess if the racers and the sanctioning bodies are happy then who are we as the fans to *****?

If I had my way there would only be 4 national classes. The rest run divisional races. In my world if someone wanted to run in the main event then they would need to build a boat for the class.
This is the only way this sport will ever become a major motorsport. I just don't think anyone is willing to bite the bullet to make major changes that is sure to piss off a lot of racers (read customers) in favor of a long term strategy.

Actually when APBA LLC got started they came out with a set of rules that had only 8 (ONLY 8!) classes. Now they have like 14 or 16 classes??? That's OK, they just shouldn't be at the same venues. Maybe the idea is to get 100 boats at a race even thought most classes have less than 5 boats.

Like I said, waddaIknow? Maybe they are doing the right thing. I guess it all depends on the final goal that you are trying to reach.

The question is "What is that goal?"

Fastcat 03-27-2002 09:36 PM

Doug hope its here in the morning.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-27-2002 09:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote from RonP,"If the racers want shorter races then they should run in divisional
events. Or race a smaller boat." I have one for sale...:D :D :D I think it may qualify for P5:confused: :confused: :confused: ;)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 03-27-2002 10:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Ok! Ok! Too much to handle?:D Then consider this one!;)

DPT MOTORSPORTS 03-27-2002 10:07 PM

Yes!!!! Definately Consider SHOCKWAVE!!!!!!!!
Owner is needing this boat sold !!!!!
Reasonable offers that is.
Give Rich Troppoli a call for a great deal on this spotless boat!!!
I mean Spotless!!!
Rich Troppoli
Work:1-732-774-6164