Notices

Px Class

Old 03-24-2002, 12:44 AM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Px Class

OK!!!! Now I am getting really confused with this class. You have your Super Series Classes and you have your Performance Classes. My original understanding of these Performance Classes were for the weekend warrior to come out and race against boats in there speed bracket. Now you have guys building 36ft custom Skaters and so forth and now someone taking last years National Champion in Super Cat and outting Blower motors in it to run in PX. I do not get it!!!!!!! Performance Classes seem to be turning in a bad direction. How about no boats in these classes that were built in the 21st century(2000 and beyond) Seems to me like Performance Class is becoming a real worst enemy to trying to keep other classes from growing. Some sort of control needs to be taken in these classes.
Just my opinion!!!! I would love to here form others on this subject!!!!!! Feel free to post your opinions!!!!!

Last edited by DPT MOTORSPORTS; 03-24-2002 at 02:49 PM.
Old 03-24-2002, 12:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree on most of your thread but call Mike A. first. or e-mail him to get the answer..
By the way I own 2000 and I have problems no canopies etc..
Too Fast for APBA in P or Super Cat Lite O/B

Last edited by eMotiondriver; 03-24-2002 at 01:01 AM.
Old 03-24-2002, 01:21 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Question

Doug
Your boat is legal in SC lite twin and P1 class in APBA what is the problem?
Old 03-24-2002, 06:48 AM

I agree with DPT Motorsports; it seems the P Classes(particularly PX) could hinder the growth of some of the Super or Factory Classes.Why would anyone want to spend a ton of money to race in P Class?It seems some teams are content to step down to the P Classes even when they have boats that are legal, or could be made legal, for a standardized class.This should be be regulated in some way because the Pro Series Classes need all the boats they can get!Does anyone know if there are plans in the future to streamline the class structure?

Old 03-24-2002, 07:30 AM
Registered

Ryan,
Per Andrew Corn at the worlds 2001 They would not allow any new SC Lite O/B in without canopies. Since I switched to 2.5's I'll have to run P-1 we don't stand a chance in that class to be competitive.
Now thats my Problem Ryan

PX class was formed at the 2000 worlds because of 2 race boats that wanted to race, since all of the P1's at the time where basically high HP pleasure boats. Except for "Rock It" thats just one fast Cat killer Vee Hull running PX Vee Hull.

Last edited by eMotiondriver; 03-24-2002 at 07:38 AM.
Old 03-24-2002, 07:56 AM
Charter Member#203
Charter Member

Received 14,301 Likes on 3,706 Posts

i believe you answered your own question as to why we have Px class. that person that sank a million $$$ into his boat still has more money to spend, so on goes the show. i personally think, they should build a boat for super cat , but hey its thier money and thier name in the record books.

Ryan are you doing the sarasota poker run or st.cloud race??
Old 03-24-2002, 10:18 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 18 Posts
Lightbulb

emotion
Your boat IS legal for SC lite twin I have spoken to Milklos about this an am 99% sure your boat is legal. P1 class is for boats that run 100-110 your boat would also fit nicely into this class.
Pete
I will be at St Cloud cutting Vinyl and racing my 24. Hope to see you there.
Old 03-24-2002, 11:13 AM
Registered

Ryan,
Get the rule book out and look at page 119 Non-Conforming boats. At the 2001 worlds I was told a flat no about my boat ,after rerigging to 2.5's. After that I made no attempt to get ready for the 2002 season. Now the rules state I have to race the 1st race (which has changed in the rules form Nov.2001)we are not ready so that's it. We had all intentions to compete on the SC Lite level and step out of the P class. So the team will be moving to SBI when and if the time is right. Or hope to get rich overnight.
Doug eMotion Racing
Old 03-24-2002, 02:39 PM
Platinum Member

Mike C.
You might have misunderstood me or I did not clarify what I was actually pointing out properly. What I am saying is that it is starting to happen where people are building NEW boats for P-Class. Please do not get me wrong. I support P-class but just feel it could be governed a little bit better. Great to see some old raceboats coming out of moth balls to race. Great idea but it has become a double edge sword in some instances, not all. First bad instance: Drambuie on Ice 39 MTI sold for PX class for 2002. Someone putting Blowers in it to race in P-Class. Hello this boat is still extremely competitive in Super Cat. Second instance: You have FACTORY 1 boats stepping down to P class because the are tired of runnig mid pack and want to win so they hop on over to P-Class where there may be only 5 boats in that class at a race. They place 1st,2nd,or 3rd. and now they feel beter than really racing against a larger fleet in FACTORY ONE. Not trying to bash anyone but you can see it happening. By not properly controling this I just feel it takes away from the growth of the Factory Classes and Super Series Classes. Just something I feel should be looked at a litle better thats all. Please do not take this as a bashing of Performance Classes. Just pointing out some ideas I may be able to share. Fan and Racer input should always be listened to. It will only help better our SPORT. If I am wrong then fine. Just using my First Ammendment Rights!!!!!
Old 03-24-2002, 02:44 PM
Platinum Member

Saw the typo mistake I made on the first Post. SORRY ABOUT THAT!!!!!!!
Only boats that were built in 1999 and prior unless it is a true pleasure boat of course. 2000 and forward should race in Factory and Super Series Classes.

Last edited by DPT MOTORSPORTS; 03-24-2002 at 02:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Px Class

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.