Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Group buy or discount for Lifeline or SRP life vests? >

Group buy or discount for Lifeline or SRP life vests?

Notices

Group buy or discount for Lifeline or SRP life vests?

Old 04-01-2002, 05:58 PM
HavasuCat

regarding the HTM that rolled, both persons onboard are ok. The boat sustaind very little damage from what I was told.

Old 04-01-2002, 05:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cord,
Yes you can get crotch straps with our AirVest, but no we will not provide a automatic inflator with the AirVest.

Ben
Old 04-01-2002, 06:06 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Could you please expand on why they are not available?

Oh, yea...how much more are the straps?

Last edited by Cord; 04-01-2002 at 06:10 PM.
Old 04-01-2002, 06:51 PM
Registered

Cord,
The "AirVest's" original design is for aircraft, mostly helicopters. Originally when canopy boats came out, it was discovered that a normal lifejacket contained to much flotation in them, and in the event of a upside down boat, the driver is pinned to the bottom (which is now the top of the boat) by the flotation in the jacket and the rescue divers had to cut him out of his lifejacket to rescue him. By the way, this didn't always work. You see most standard offshore racing jackets have over 75lbs. of flotation in them, and you can't swim down and out of the canopy with these on. So SRP was the "first" to develop the capsule suit. We designed a lifejacket that had enough flotation to float somebody, but less than normal so as not to pin a person. The Swit-Lik (helicopter) air vest design was brought into racing for the use in canopy boats. The reason for this is was being able to be upside down, swim out and then inflate after being out of the cockpit. If you're upside down and your vest inflates, you will be pinned and you will not be able to swim against it. 95% of our AirVest are used in racing/canopy boats, this is the reason we don't put auto-inflators on our vest. Mustangs, and West Marine vest, are not used in racing, so they can add auto-inflators. If you have anymore questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Ben
Old 04-01-2002, 09:23 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Thanks for the education. Your a pretty good teacher. Guess I was hoping for a jacket that we'd wear more often. We've been looking at some of the auto inflating ones, because they were less bulky. But I'm not sure if they'll offer enough protection.
Old 04-01-2002, 09:47 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Cord, I hear ya, that is why we upgraded to Lifeline, ours fit great, custom made by measurements and look damn good too. The sticker shock sucked until the UPS man came. We were so happy. We are ordering two more for the Donzi for when we have friends onboard, can't have the friends in the $6 toilet seat cover from boat uUS ya know!
I agree Lifeline and the SRP's are pricey, but I look at it as a solid investment especially when you can return your Lifelines for repairs etc, if needed.

Bryan

Last edited by Bryan Tuvell; 04-02-2002 at 05:08 AM.
Old 04-01-2002, 09:50 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

I almost bought auto inflation jackets this year, but then I remembered about someone stuffing their boat. The passengers and drivers were thrown forward against the seats, dash, steering wheel and cuddy opening. I think regular jackets would help protect against this better than the inflatables.

Any thought on this?

Can someone help me locate the info on the poker run jackets?

Thanks
rbtnt
Old 04-01-2002, 09:54 PM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

I uploded this page for our boat club, this is an example of the PRun jackets Lifeline sell. They have a color chart for exact boat match of colors and many manufacture logos. My Donzi logo matches our entire line of clothes, shirt, light jackets etc.

http://www.hrpa.homestead.com/jacket.html

Bryan

Last edited by Bryan Tuvell; 04-01-2002 at 09:58 PM.
Old 04-11-2002, 11:07 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Bryan,

Where did you buy your LIFELINEs from?

thanks
Randy
Old 04-12-2002, 05:25 AM
Donzi33ZX
Gold Member

Lifeline factory direct to me.
Bryan

Quick Reply: Group buy or discount for Lifeline or SRP life vests?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.