Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Removing boat from trailer in driveway, pics... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/208188-removing-boat-trailer-driveway-pics.html)

Hannibal41 05-05-2009 07:25 AM

this has to be a joke?!? are you serious using pavers to block your boat??? come on april fools...

c_deezy 05-05-2009 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by Jigsaw89 (Post 2859025)
I would chain those 2 front stands together so there is little chance of them pulling away from the hull. Good luck with your project!

Definitely chain them together.

Originally Posted by SmurfOnAGixxer (Post 2859120)

AudioFn - how do you tell? They say InstaTrim on them.

The Instatims are a Bennet-esque trim tab. Not k-planes.

Your jackstands are a little far forward, there isn't much weight up in the bow and as long as nobody is going to be going into the boat while its on the stands (which they shouldn't) I would move them back to just slightly in front of the helm area.

SmurfOnABoat 05-05-2009 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Hannibal41 (Post 2859145)
this has to be a joke?!? are you serious using pavers to block your boat??? come on april fools...

No joke. Pavers have a higher pressure rating per square inch than cinder blocks do. What would make these solid pavers crack or crumble and a hollow cinder block not?

SmurfOnABoat 05-05-2009 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by c_deezy (Post 2859148)

Your jackstands are a little far forward, there isn't much weight up in the bow and as long as nobody is going to be going into the boat while its on the stands (which they shouldn't) I would move them back to just slightly in front of the helm area.

Originally Posted by c_deezy (Post 2859148)

Ok I will move them back tonight when I get home... And no one will be in the boat.

DONZIEBRI 05-05-2009 08:38 AM

This is way scary!Please do not work under that boat with the current set-up.
Notice the adjustable stands in front.Built with a wide base.
Use cinder blocks,4x4's,or even pavers,but start with a wide base at the ground and work your way up like a pyramid.

SmurfOnABoat 05-05-2009 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by DONZIEBRI (Post 2859195)
This is way scary!Please do not work under that boat with the current set-up.
Notice the adjustable stands in front.Built with a wide base.
Use cinder blocks,4x4's,or even pavers,but start with a wide base at the ground and work your way up like a pyramid.

Should I add more support under the keel? How can I go about changing it now?

Westcoast 05-05-2009 09:04 AM

I think for a driveway job you did great. As long as all the weight is on the keel the stands and blocks should only be used to balance the vessel.

SmurfOnABoat 05-05-2009 09:19 AM

Originally Posted by Westcoast (Post 2859213)
I think for a driveway job you did great. As long as all the weight is on the keel the stands and blocks should only be used to balance the vessel.

That is exactly how it is setup. On the last step before completely pulling the trailer, I made the stern float a little, then adjusted the forward most keel stand to put some pressure on the stern blocks for balance. 75% of the weight I would say is on the keel, with the other being shared by the stern blocks probably 20%, and front boat stands probably about 5%

DONZIEBRI 05-05-2009 10:35 AM

[QUOTE=SmurfOnAGixxer;2859208]Should I add more support under the keel? How can I go about changing it now?[/QUOTE

Keel support looks fine.I think you need more rigid supports under the aft corners.

c_deezy 05-05-2009 10:46 AM

The issue with the pavers isn't that they are unable to support the load, it is that you have a single stack. Would be relatively easy to kick the middle of the stack out and then down goes your boat. I.E. that kids game, Jenga I think it is?