Notices

transferred to PA

Old 03-27-2002, 07:38 PM
ray001

Default transferred to PA

Hey all,
I just transferred to Harrisburg, PA. Does anyone have any suggestions on boating locations. I've got a Baja Hammer and was hoping I would be able to get some use out of it. Any help will be appreciated.

Old 03-27-2002, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what part of pa did you land in?? where did you get transferred from and where did you boat at??
Old 03-27-2002, 08:16 PM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Thumbs up

Fear not, Ray - just about 20 miles down the Susquehanna River from Harrisburg is the Conowingo Dam, and about 4 miles past that is Tome's Landing Marina, less than 3 years old. They still have a few dry stack slots open if you want one. They can handle your boat no problem.

From Tome's landing, it's a short run to Havre de Grace and then out into the open waters of the Chesapeake Bay - now, THERE'S some boating water....

Call Tome's at (410) 378-3343 and ask for Wes Stahl - he's the Operations Manager there, and can sort you out with everything you need.

Forget boating on the river at Harrisburg - it's about 2 inches deep and very, very, very rocky!
Old 03-27-2002, 09:31 PM
ray001

C-spray,
Thanks for the response. I was sure the river in Harrisburg would be shallow. The 20 mile trip is no prolem. Currenly I'm about 30 miles from the lake we use in VA. Thanks again. Ray

Old 03-28-2002, 12:23 AM
kevin225BR

You could always go to Raystown lake in Hunington, there is a nice lake to run around in about 30 miles of water and 100 miles of shore line. Don't let the river fool you. I run my boat in the river when not at Raystown. I use Tome's as my service people, VERY nice outfit, nice high and dry buildings also. Hopefully we will run into each other there some time. I know in July Tome's is hosting a Rally on the 26-28 call them for details.

Kevin

Old 03-28-2002, 07:21 AM
Registered

Default Raystown Lake!!!!

We're from the Allentown area. Just North of town is Beltzville lake which is about 7-8 miles long and North of that in the Poconos is Wallenwalpak(sp?). We really enjoy Raystown!!! We'll be out there with several other boaters July 18th-21st and stay at the Raystown resort marina. They have camping and a lodge as well. Great lake! About 32 miles long!!! Welcome to PA!
Old 03-28-2002, 08:37 AM
Registered

Thumbs up

Welcome to PA Ray001.....I'm a little farther North from you (Williamsport). I'd like to boat with you guys on the Bay someday. The Big Fingerlakes are 90 miles North of me and you guys are 90 miles South of me. If you like Drag Boat Racing, Sunbury and Harrisburg are two sanctioned locations I know of.....Let me now if you want to plan a Weekend on the Bay. Raystown is great on Weekdays, alittle crazy on Weekends. I've been to Blanchard Dam, a tad North and east from Raystown, but it has a speed limit of 45 on weekends.....Mike.
Old 03-28-2002, 08:56 AM
Diamond Member #001
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ray,

If you're on the trailer and you're looking for some nice lake boating/skiiing, you can tow up to Reading where I live and try out Blue Marsh Lake on the NW corner of town. It's got 2 nice ramp areas, a beach with concession stand/showers, and several nice long no-wake areas to cruise back into an relax. the main area of the lake is divided in two by an island, and there is plenty of room for some quick blasts. (Just get there EARLY on Sundays in the summer. Once the parking lots fill up at the ramps, they don't allow any more boats in until somebody leaves....) Just take the Turnpike east to 222 North, and get off at Route 183.

Let me know when you want to come up, and we'll try to meet you there and show you around. I'm probably going to move my big boat to Tome's Landing, so let me know if you come down there, too - the Chesapeake is awesome.