Orange Beach, AL. Help Requested

Notices

Orange Beach, AL. Help Requested

Old 05-07-2009, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Orange Beach, AL. Help Requested

Check out Gary Nichols request:

We at the Gulf Coast Powerboat Ass. the founders of ' The Thunder on the Gulf " offshore boat race are excited to help participate in " The Pleasure Island Poker Run " to be held on June 25th -28th in Orange Beach,Al. This event will kick off a fundraising drive to help raise money to insure Orange Beach has a boat racing future. This poker run is being produced by "The Mystical Order of Miriams " mardi gras Ass. and promises to be a awesome event that will end up rivaling the Emerald Coast Poker Run in Destin, Fla.The event will be based at the Wharf which was home for the race village at our boat races.We could use the support of race teams ,boat manufacturers and especially poker run enthusiasts to bring there show and set up at our race village located on the water next door to Live Bait at the Wharf.It would be a great stop for race teams and fans on there way to Sarasota for the S.B.I. race and arrangements can be made to leave equipment here prior to there race.This will be a action packed party filled weekend and an oppertune time to enjoy the hospitality and beautiful waters of Orange Beach. Gary

For information see: www.pleasureislandpokerrun.com

Everyone that can, should help! Orange Beach is a treasure for all of us to be proud of, for powerboating in general, and racing!

Coach

2003 Thunder on the Gulf
Race Committee Member
and Gary Nichols Fan!
Old 05-07-2009, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Already spreading the word here in Louisiana Coach. I'm sure we'll bring a strong contingent for the Poker Run. We want to see racing continue in Orange Beach.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:20 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

It's great to see a renewed effort to bring OSS back to Orange Beach this summer!!!

Let me know how I can help.

Ron
Old 05-08-2009, 07:43 AM
Registered

Thanks Ron

You guys do a great job!
Old 05-09-2009, 07:13 AM
Registered

Thumbs up UpDate:

More Info!

To all poker run enthusiasts and race fans

My name is Dana Day and I am the founder and past president of The Mystical Order of Miriams mardi gras asooc. which is putting on the Pleasure Island Poker Run. My husband Rick is an avid poker run enthusiast and former boat racer and we are close friends of Gary Nichols and have shared Gary's vision of boat racing in Orange Beach from the very start as sponsors of Thunder In The Gulf. The efforts from the girls in our mardi gras crew are two- fold: First of all our vision is to put on one of the premier poker runs in the country as an annual event that incorporates the beautiful waters of the Gulf Coast and intercoastal waterways and the best four- day party you've ever attended! Believe me The Miriams know how to party and this will be an action packed event! Secondly we we learned that Thunder in The Gulf had been cancelled because of the economy and lack of sponsorships and felt there couldn't be a better cause than to help keep boat racing in our community and the Powerboat Assoc. has been one the biggest givers to charity since its first race.

WE WELCOME YOUR PARTICIPATION IN THIS GREAT EVENT AND I WILL KEEP AN UPDATED ITENERARY ON OUR WEBSITE.

Dana "fox" Day
Old 05-09-2009, 07:19 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ron P
It's great to see a renewed effort to bring OSS back to Orange Beach this summer!!!

Let me know how I can help.

Ron
Or a OPA worlds
Old 05-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Registered

Exclamation Interesting Suggestion!

Someone is out there considering an International Invitational Racing event with OPA... and others, racing against teams from New Zealand, Europe, the Middle East..... Orange Beach has advantages over NJ in November!

Just a thought,

Ray
Old 05-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Registered

Exclamation More info from Gary:

Just In-

TODD WERNER who was a part time driver of our Nichols Offshore Cat, and Winner Of The 2006 OSS World Championship, has volunteered to bring his Revolutionary 140 Mph- 42 Foot "STATEMENT !" Boat to Orange Beach! To help support our Poker Run and Thunder On The Gulf.

THIS VEE HULL HAS A PATTENED AIR SUSPENSION COCKPIT and is Absolutely Beautiful, and it'll be on display at:

'LIVE BAIT' At The Wharf

He Might Even Sell You One!

Thank-you Todd

Here's a video of the boat:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoWkHQLplj8

Last edited by Coach; 05-09-2009 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Registered

Thumbs up