Notices

Deep Impact

Old 05-09-2009, 12:10 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Deep Impact

We are back as the exclusive distributer of the Deep Impact line of powerboats. The inventory of boats will be arriving this week. For more information or maybe a look and test drive please feel free to stop in or contact me.

I will be bringing two 36 Deep Impacts and also a 41 Hydra-Sport on the Florida Powerboat clubs poker run on May 16th in the Keys too.

Carl Hansen
305-582-2737
[email protected]

For those of you who have not seen the 41 Hydra-Sports 26,000 pound monster it will be eye opening!
Attached Thumbnails Deep Impact-4100highangle.jpg   Deep Impact-11-13-2007-25-medium-.jpg   Deep Impact-img_1769.jpg  

Deep Impact-webshot1.jpg  
Old 05-09-2009, 01:12 PM
Banned

Why would they build a 41' boat that heavy??
Old 05-09-2009, 01:15 PM
Registered

Because it will run 50 mph in 5 foot seas. It is basically Sportfish without the cabin or a huge dayboat. Same fuel ecomony as say a 38 Tiara but running 40 instead of 28mph.

The weight is for the ride, there is no substitute.
Attached Thumbnails Deep Impact-img_1999-large-.jpg  
Old 05-09-2009, 01:24 PM
Banned

Doesn't Hydra build a 46' diesel cat about that heavy? Does the 41 have a diesel option?
Old 05-09-2009, 01:47 PM
Registered

No That is Hydra-Sports biggest so far. We had been pushing them for about three years for this because we had so many requests for a bigger boat.

The biggest cabin is 35 Express

We had thought about a diesel option but most of these customers want out of the diesel maintainence and with the fuel efficiency and warranty on the new four strokes we eliminated the diesel idea.

You can also get the boat with triple Yamaha F350 engines. Yamaha has not made quad controls but when they do the boat is ready for them.
Attached Thumbnails Deep Impact-sosa-boat-001.jpg   Deep Impact-sosa-boat-009.jpg   Deep Impact-sosa-boat-004.jpg  

Old 05-09-2009, 01:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by underpressure
Because it will run 50 mph in 5 foot seas. It is basically Sportfish without the cabin or a huge dayboat. Same fuel ecomony as say a 38 Tiara but running 40 instead of 28mph.

The weight is for the ride, there is no substitute.
I was impressed with the 41 Hydro at the show..the salesperson was great also, showed the boat, its options and wasnt pushy. The boat seemed solid..needless to say I was impressed.

The DI also looked great at the Miami show..Im starting to like the looks the more I see it..just trying to get over tha rub rail towards the rear end of the boat sides..different..but that can be a good thing. Jeff
Old 05-09-2009, 02:00 PM
Banned

Big difference in weight between the Yamaha 350 and the Merc(850vs615) but that might not matter in a 26,000lb boat.
Old 05-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by underpressure
We had thought about a diesel option but most of these customers want out of the diesel maintainence and with the fuel efficiency and warranty on the new four strokes we eliminated the diesel idea.

I have never owned a diesel boat, I'm surprissed by your comment about the maintainence on the deisel. I would have thought the outboards would require more maintenance. Can you please help me understand what the deisel requires.
Thanks
Old 05-09-2009, 03:52 PM
Registered

Fuel maintenance, exhaust maintainance (like our go-fast boats) smell (lots of my customers or wifes get seasick), sea pumps. Plus its real easy if you are somewhere with an outboard problem to slap on a new one.

Pros and cons to cockpit space and the new four strokes are 3-4,000 hour motors now with three year warranties.