If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

88 nova xl mag ?

Hi everyone,

New to the powerboat scene , ive been in mostly older ski nautiques and yamaha jet boats but need more room to spread out in, Ive searched this site for a few hours regarding wellcrafts brand of boat and their pros and cons. Im looking at a nova xl mag ,single 350. Whats the difference between the scarab and nova 2 hulls and these xls? Does the Mag mean anything other then a single 350 in it? Besides stringers anything I need to look at? Boat is 4500$ and garage kept,dealer says its turn key but Im always leary of dealer input, not looking for anything super fast but if it can handle some coastal chop that would be great .and of course get me back to the boat ramp everytime.Thoughts ? thanx chad !

Brotherhood #1 Gold Member Sick Stinger's Avatar
    My Boats:
    05 SeaDoo SC'd
    Swansea Mass
    Id post under the scarab/welcraft forum probabaly be more helpfil then general/broad type forum.
    Hells Spirt

Gold Member Gold Member spazboz's Avatar
    My Boats:
    26' Wellcraft Nova II, Wellcraft 210 Elite, PowerPlay 185 XLT
    Zeeland, Michigan
    Nova XL's are a very nice boat. My uncle has owned one since 87' when he started selling them. I personally own a 26 Nova II, and love my boat too. I personally don't think the two boats compare though. Between the 23 nova and 26 with twins there is a huge difference in size and hull design. IMO good starter boats, and for what they sell for these days, a lot of boat for the money!