If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Does anyone know about IMPERIAL boats?

I was looking at a 1988 IMPERIAL 27 SS EXPRESS. I do not know much about them. Can anyone tell me about there boats? I wound like to know if they are good or bad and what are the Pros and Cons on them.

Charter Member # 55 Charter Member Griff's Avatar
    My Boats:
    ..........32........... Active Thunder
    They were OK back in the 70's and 80's, but pretty heavy. There used to be a lot of them on LOTO. You better get a full marine survey for anything that old.

Platinum Member Platinum Member mike tkach's Avatar
    My Boats:
    31 american offshore,38 fountain fever
    i had a 1989,it was a deep v and liked rough watter.the hull was heavy,but the deck was had to walk near the sides because the deck was so thin and you could see it flex when you hit my knoledge,they made 7 of these before going bankrupt.they were cheaply constructed boats but you got a 27 foot boat fairly have a survey done before i made a purchase.

My Boats:
    20 Baja outlaw 15 boston whaler mischief,Donzi sweet 16 sold, 24 P&D sold, 22 Avanti sold, 16 superboat sold, 21 Eagle sold, Baja 226 sold,
    Long Island

if your talking about the one on boattrader it is WAY OVER PRICED just my .02

My Boats:
    Avanti 1986
    Crystal River, FL
    used to be a dealer in the 80's,the 27 is a copy of the magnu multese 27. Great hull but built poorly. watch for rotten stringers and bulkheads. stress and structural damage from weak construction.