Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Xpower Drive Any One Running One (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/208765-xpower-drive-any-one-running-one.html)

26 REDLINE 05-14-2009 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by 2112 (Post 2866167)
Did he tell you how much? Is he using a stock Gimbal ring?

Yes he did, but I will let him chime in, not my place to say what he paid:gfight:

Uncle Dave 05-14-2009 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by NASCAT (Post 2866152)
Ask & you shall receive. To my knowledge the Ilmor Indy will retrofit a bravo, NXT or #6 w/o moving the engine. I'm sure there are few one off rig jobs that won't fall into those parameters but based on the research thats been done to date they are feeling very confident about their packaging.

The Ilmor Drive can also be electrically shifted.

Im as impressed with my Ilmor product as Nascat said I would be.

Uncle Dave

gnorthga 05-15-2009 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE (Post 2865946)
Steve is happy with his engine, very strong and no leaks:eek:the only problem he had was a dist. gear broke, it was teflon went back with a bronze no other problems. I have spoken to Mark @ Precision, great guy, ever since the whole Gary Taylor ordeal,:eek: PM will be my motor shop from here on out

Wise choice mark will shoot you straight he has dino 3 motors for me all fuel injected.

AIR TIME 05-15-2009 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by NASCAT (Post 2866066)
IMO Ilmors new drive is going to overshadow the Xpower's debut for several reasons. Not saying the Xpower won't be a quality piece but Ilmor's engineering & resources, reputation, financial backing (Roger Penske) , marketing capabilities, warranty and service etc will be tough to beat. Boat manufacturers are already ordering the drives due to ship in June & it's a warranteed package. Drives only available for retrofits later this year.

Not trying to hijack just a point of interest.

hey nascat how you doing love my glagla sneakers, just dug them out for summer again. I agree on the ilmors and konrad I went with the xfactor shortie ace package which holds the tranny in the ex box and comes with steering, art

AIR TIME 05-15-2009 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by Back4More (Post 2866144)
If they make that Ilmor Indy in a Bravo conversion with the trans in an extension box so motors stay in the same location....they will have the market.

konrad is doing it with the ace package tran in the box and comes with steering and shortie drive thats what I bought for for a single set up 1050hp should be fine. they are rated at 800hp but have seen more power added and are doing fine in light singles. and have seen twin 800s run fine.

NASCAT 05-15-2009 12:22 PM

Not reping the GlaGla's anymore but glad you are enjoing them, they are a comfortable shoe, great for boating.

Jassman 05-18-2009 10:00 AM

IMO Ilmors new drive is going to overshadow the Xpower's debut for several reasons. Not saying the Xpower won't be a quality piece but Ilmor's engineering & resources, reputation, financial backing (Roger Penske) , marketing capabilities, warranty and service etc will be tough to beat. Boat manufacturers are already ordering the drives due to ship in June & it's a warranteed package. Drives only available for retrofits later this year.

this is great cause it will probably force Merc to make available the NXT drive on the reamaining line...it would be nice to get a 496HO or the 525 with NXT drive..peace of mind and much better than those bravo's..

Marginmn 05-18-2009 10:28 AM

Any idea on the coast of the Ilmor drive - and can you get it in Black?

And do they have a final retail price on the Xpower drive?

salesmanship 05-18-2009 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 2868189)
this is great cause it will probably force Merc to make available the NXT drive on the reamaining line...it would be nice to get a 496HO or the 525 with NXT drive..peace of mind and much better than those bravo's..

525's are already offered with the NXT

JIMKID Motorsports 05-18-2009 11:01 AM

just met a guy running a pair on a 28 eliminator 1200s should be good test