Old 05-13-2009, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Xpower Drive Any One Running One

Chime In If You Have One
Old 05-13-2009, 05:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Friend of min in Ca, just ordered one he won't get it until July...really looking forward to see how it runs. His motor is 1200plus, with 1300plus ftlbs torque
Old 05-13-2009, 06:06 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 26 REDLINE
Friend of min in Ca, just ordered one he won't get it until July...really looking forward to see how it runs. His motor is 1200plus, with 1300plus ftlbs torque
By chance does your friend have a DCB? I have a buddy who is getting one as well
Old 05-13-2009, 06:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by selfmade
By chance does your friend have a DCB? I have a buddy who is getting one as well
Nope a 28' Howard Deckboat Cat...
Old 05-13-2009, 06:27 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The guy Bill Aubernell that runs Xpower is very cool, and I hope he pulls this off. Hes got a ton of money in this thing and claims hes got a bunch of them ready to ship and that with tooling costs hes 85K into each drive as they sit........ I heard that at the LA boat show form Bill himself.

I heard July shipping from another source as well...

Everyone is wondering when and if it will start shipping,

The next question is that when it/if it does - ship will they will go from breaking drives- to breaking transom assemblies.

Come on Bill! Get it going!!!!

Uncle Dave
Old 05-13-2009, 06:50 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

well, if he's got a bunch of them ready to ship, why is he making people wait till July to get them? Is R&D done? One would think that R&D would be done if he already went ahead and made a bunch of them. Is the builder a member on the site? Would be interesting to here the story right from the horses mouth. Not trying to start any Mud slinging here, just seems that all of the stories don't add up.... That's all
Old 05-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by saxman
well, if he's got a bunch of them ready to ship, why is he making people wait till July to get them? Is R&D done? One would think that R&D would be done if he already went ahead and made a bunch of them. Is the builder a member on the site? Would be interesting to here the story right from the horses mouth. Not trying to start any Mud slinging here, just seems that all of the stories don't add up.... That's all

Very good questions and no- it doesnt quite add up does it. (with all due respect to Bill)

Im simply repeating what he said- (if you look up Xpower LA boatshow youll see my picts of his ride, and Im repeating verbatim what he told me then. The number he used was around 75 drive sitting ready to sell.

Id love for him to pull this off though.

UD
Old 05-13-2009, 10:30 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

Good Luck with that one. That looks like a 1310 Splicer u joint at 3.25 inches coming out of the upper. Cost between six and sixteen dollars. What you would find in a jeep. It looks like it needs that little drive shaft to fit into the small gimble housing of a Bravo. The Arneson uses the 1410 at 5.8 inches the same as the number 6. That 2.5 inches larger then the 1310.

Not to burst anyones bubble either but the weakest point of the Bravo seems to be the gears and gimble ring. This drive uses the Bravo gimble. Just my 2 cents. Other then that it looks nice.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:35 PM
Registered

HAVE YOU GOT A RON SPROL MOTOR IN THAT BOAT
Old 05-13-2009, 11:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gnorthga
HAVE YOU GOT A RON SPROL MOTOR IN THAT BOAT
No that is what Steve Tripp, owner of Revolution Performance Marine has in his boat, 565ci 675hp boat ran 107mph
Attached Thumbnails Xpower Drive Any One Running One-img_0390.jpg   Xpower Drive Any One Running One-28812.jpg   Xpower Drive Any One Running One-28812_9.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.