Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Powerboat Mag (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/20884-powerboat-mag.html)

OldSchool 03-25-2002 12:26 PM

Powerboat Mag

Has anyone received the April issue. I received the March issue on Feb. 12th , right before the miami boat show, but haven't gotten the new one. I called them and they blew me off.:mad: :mad:

mlitefan 03-25-2002 12:28 PM

Yep...Got it a week or so ago...

Reckless32 03-25-2002 12:56 PM

Nope, still waitin' here too. Got my HotBoat in though...

mlitefan, we need to hook up on the river down near Chippokes soon to discuss camping trip Memorial weekend. Drag Steve down with ya....;)

Rick

mlitefan 03-25-2002 01:06 PM

You got it Rick!

btw...I didn't see your question on the other thread about the engine...

Stepping up to about 500HP...:D

That should wake up the boat a bit...:eek:

BTW...The April issue of Powerboat has a great look at the new Sunsation 288 open bow. I think that might just be my next boat!

I see why you picked Sunsation...They seem to make a great boat but the price tag is a bit more reasonable than others. The new engine is going to go with me though...;)

Another season or two and I just may make the leap...

Zoom3 03-25-2002 01:13 PM

We got ours about a week ago. Good article about the Team Woody boat in Peru.

Maureen

Reckless32 03-25-2002 01:21 PM

HP500! That boat should rock with that kind of increase. You're gonna need it to hang with those speed freaks of the RPBA....:D

HotBoat did an article on the 288 bow rider either in the latest issue or the one before (I forget). And you're right, one is hard pressed to get the value and performance one gets from Sunsation generally across the board. Of course, you may miss that big beam of yours...;)

Are you up and running now? A bunch of us might possibly run to Chippokes Plantation across from Jamestown on the 6th if the weather permits. It's sort of our (HRPA) official de-winterization day. It'd be great to hook up before Kerr. I think my buddy Mark (22 Scarab) has already booked spot #41 in "A" section. Not sure where Cignificant and others are beddin' down. I just want to get on the lake and go find a good raft up spot. Do you know what's anticipated water level wise?

Rick
www.hrpa.homestead.com/homepage.html
www.hrpba.topcities.com/hrpba.html

SteveS 03-25-2002 03:00 PM

Got it Saturday.

Turbojack 03-25-2002 04:06 PM

Glad to see I am not the only one that has the postman read my powerboat & hotboat. I guess I got a new postman since last month or 3 I have been getting mags. only about 3 days later that friend here in town.

I had recieved both mags last week. First powerboat & about 3 days later hotboat.

mlitefan 03-25-2002 11:11 PM

The water should be back to normal and they are filling up the lake as we speak. It was down more than it has been in years.

Unfortunately, I already have plans for the weekend of the 6th to go camping and trout fishing in the mountains. I have a severe itch to get back on the water though! I may try and get out the next week and then I will most likely give up the boat for a few weeks to get the new motor rigged...

I can't remember...did you have external steering on your Stingray? That thing ran about 76, right? I still remember it well..."Stung again" :D :eek:

How is Mark? Last time I saw him, he was tinkering with props...Did he get the boat dialed in?

Reckless32 03-26-2002 12:06 AM

Motor change is a good excuse to not boat...:D As long as it's on your terms.

Yep, that was Stung Again alright. What a water Vette that thing was, just not too good on the bay/ocean waters. Didn't have external steering and you could really feel it especially in no wake zones.

Well hopefully you'll have the Vindicator together by Memorial Day weekend and if we don't hook up before then we'll see ya at the lake. Shoot, if your boat is offline go catch a ride with Steve. I'm sure he'd love the company and someone to show off those two new blowers....:eek:

Mark ran the 22 Scarab pretty good last summer. He has a 454 Volvo-Penta Duo-Prop in that little puppy. I tell ya, for a 22 footer it rides pretty good in up to 3 footer's. I think now he's casually trying to sell it and step up a little to the 27-32 range

Rick