Notices

Myrtle Beach?

Old 05-17-2009, 01:17 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Myrtle Beach?

I am taking the family to Myrtle Beach mid July and was wondering if there are any good marinas to visit to check out the poweboat scene? Also any place I can rent a boat or jet skis? Any other sugestions for must see and do's while we are visiting Myrtle?

Peace,
Rob
Old 05-17-2009, 01:42 PM
CMC
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take a night and drive about 15 minutes south to Merrills Inlet. They have a Marina walk a little like key West. Alot of cool restaurants and fishing village type stuff. Also, to the North is another outdoor village on the intercoastal. I cant remember the name, but Greg Norman has a restaurant there ( google his restaurants). If the Hard Rock park opens up again, don't waste your money.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Heading there myself this Saturday! Not a big go-fast contingent in Myrtle....but it is a fun town. Definately hit Drunken Jack's in Murrell's Inlet for dinner. Plan to get there early...always a wait. In Myrtle, I'd recommend Ocean Annie's for afternoon/evening drinks and dancing. Good band and about the only bar that's ocean-front. For good italian food, I'd recommend Rossi's. Both are towrds the north end of town.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:10 PM
SOX
Semper Fi
Platinum Member

On the Beach in front of Ocean Annie's will be home base while we are there. My Aunt lives down there and that is where they hang out. Thanks for all the help.
Old 05-17-2009, 09:17 PM
Are we having fun, yet?
Charter Member

Greg Norman's is at Barefoot Landing. Great lunch, pricey dinner! If you like seafood, check out The Sea Captains House.
It's next the Carribean Resort. Margarittaville at Broadway at the Beach is a good family resaurant.
There are some jet ski rentals on the ICW.