Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
New to this forum, some questions. >

New to this forum, some questions.

Notices

New to this forum, some questions.

Old 05-16-2009, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to this forum, some questions.

I am new to this forum, I am 24, I have a baja now, family boat basically, but will be buying a 21 skater. I have run a 28 skater and 25 motion. And some friends and acquaintances have some bigger stuff. Also met and talked with people at poker runs, generally very friendly.

I figured I would go on scream and fly because it is more of an outboard forum, but I got sick of it. There are small groups of members on there that are friends and do not get along well with others. It gets quite childish and personal at times, not to me personally, but I find there are too many opinions and not enough good information on there.

I am sorry that was so long winded, but my questions are basically, will I find any info on smaller cats like that here? How are members here usually? helpful? not helpful? smart ass? I think you get the drift of what I am asking. Thanks again, and from just looking around at these forums, they seem to be better than scream and fly in the fighting and bickering categories.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Registered

Most guys here are pretty knowledgeable and helpful. You'll enjoy it here.

As for the smaller cats, look in the manufacturers section and I think you might find the info there.

Welcome.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:46 PM
Registered

I like this fourm a lot becouse it seems like every one get's a long with each other varry well, Even when some one sees somethings in a different way it dose not get all political here from what I have seen, Every one here just seems to like to give there experiences they have had or there good opinions to try and help each other out. I thhink you like it here also. welcome X2.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:10 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome! I think you will find everything you want and need here. Post a question and you will get as many answers and opinions as you want. Very friendly and helpful members here. We sometimes disagree but nothing hostile. Post some more info about yourself on your profile so we can know your region and boat. I have a 32' cat which around here is probly small to alot of these guys. Let me know if I can be of assistance.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:31 PM
Registered

Thanks, fireboatpilot, you're about 2 hrs from me. I was born and lived in a bunch of towns near Philly. Where do you usually run?
Old 05-16-2009, 10:51 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

On the Delaware mostly. This is a new boat for me so taking it easy. Had a 30' Scarab before this. Not quite fast enough but this should do it. Hoping to make to the shore probly Point Pleasant area. If you ever make it into Philly let me know.
Old 05-16-2009, 10:53 PM
Registered

i will, what will your new boat run? power?
Old 05-16-2009, 10:56 PM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by fireboatpilot
On the Delaware mostly. This is a new boat for me so taking it easy. Had a 30' Scarab before this. Not quite fast enough but this should do it. Hoping to make to the shore probly Point Pleasant area. If you ever make it into Philly let me know.
Nice Hydra! Post a few pics! Jack builds a great piece.
Timeless, there are a bunch of guys that can really help you here.
You may want to post a new thread w/ the title of what your looking for.
You'll get a bunch of new/different responses.
Old 05-16-2009, 11:25 PM
RIPSTA Racing Team
VIP Member

Power now is twin 468's. Took the blowers of and installed manifolds to slow the boat down a little until I get some seat time. First Cat for me. Motors made 580hp and 540ft lbs with the manifolds on the dyno we got 92 on the gps but only got 5000rpm out of it. Props too tall, 30P 4 blades. I have 28's and 26's 4 blades and a set of 27's 5 blades but havent had a chance to play with any of them. Figure I can break the 100 with one of them then put the blowers back on and start over. I think 120 is possible with the 250 blowers and 4 carbs? Should put the engines around 700hp and 625ft lbs? Work in progress. I'll get some pics up. I have one as my avitar in my profile.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:00 AM
Registered

To the OP, the only issue that I see with getting a cat at 24 is getting insurance on it. Most companies wont insure you on a cat if it is your first one, especially if you are under 25. I am only 23, so I ran into all of this while deciding what to buy. Use Stacy at Wakezone, she is the best.

Good luck with whatever you choose.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.