Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Cumberland OSS, A Great Event (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/209132-cumberland-oss-great-event.html)

SkiDoc 05-19-2009 06:10 AM

Cumberland OSS, A Great Event

Thanks to OSS for a great event at Lake Cumberland. I was very impressed with the organization of the event. Ron was able to motivate local govenment, sponsors, and volunteers to put on a big event in relatively short time. Everything but the awful weather worked well. Everyone seemed to love it. People were surprised how accessible and friendly the race teams were to them. The water taxi's to the pits worked well.
I would predict next year attendance will double. I see why Geico company sponsors AMF, they are first class and give the company a lot of exposure. The event gives powerboating a good name. Eric

Racegirl3 05-19-2009 08:11 AM

The people in Cumberland were great.... everyone at the state dock and the pits. Awesome place. The shuttles were such a gooood idea :drink: So glad I was invited .... pretty sure they will even let me come back :D

Thanks all!!!!

tssteph 05-19-2009 08:23 AM

I thought it was excellent. The weather was no where near as bad as predicted. The reports of debri did not help even theough they had no effect on the race area. I am already looking forward to next year. The race teams were very nice to the kids in the pits which is what it is all about. My kid is a Geico fan and wore her signed T-shirt to school yesterday to prove it.

Ryan Beckley 05-19-2009 08:35 AM

The local fans & spectators were the best. It is awesome to go to a WELL PROMOTED event. There were flyers , banners, and signs for the race within a hundred mile radius. The dry pits & race village were fantastic with all the fans & spectators comming in & out of the area. Everyone was thrilled. The house boats at STATEDOCK were awesome. We'll be back for sure next year.

Ron P 05-19-2009 11:39 AM

I think a lot of people fell in love with Lake Cumberland and the state of Kentucky this weekend. I know I did.

We look forward to returning for many years to come. I'll be working on the exact dates and location of next year's race. I know it will be at the Somerset end of the lake, then back to State Dock in 2011.

Frankly, the race committee probably did a better job than any other site for a first year event. Overall they get an A+.

Thanks for such a warm welcome. See ya next year.

Ron

glassdave 05-19-2009 12:06 PM

great job guys! had a good time there. Next time i'm bringing a spare set of can keys though. :D

Racegirl3 05-19-2009 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by glassdave (Post 2869126)
great job guys! had a good time there. Next time i'm bringing a spare set of car keys though. :D

Ha - and I'll no longer give guns to monkeys :evilb: