If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Anyone know anything about Mach 1 boats?

I may have a chance to pick up a 29' Mach One Envision - believe it is a 1990 model. This particular boat has twin 454's and I think Bravo drives.

It's a friend of a friend type deal; the boat is in generally decent condition, but I believe that some of the transom and/or stringers (engine mount) may be soft. The motors are in good shape, I think they are 330's?

I might be able to pick it up for around 15K and I'm thinking it might be a decent project boat, but only if the hull is worth messing with. If the price is right, would it be worth putting another couple of grand into new stringers? If they are known for being junk, I'd just pass.

Many thanks...

(BTW, is this hull a "splash"? )

My Boats:
    1999 Mach1 290
    LOTO / Overland Park, KS
    Can't speak for the older ones, but the newer ones made by Baha Cruisers in Florida are constructed pretty well. Fiberglass stringers cored with XL boat panel. Transom is also cored with XL boat panel and has a lifetime warranty. Will never rot.

Here's the website.

You might try calling them to see what they can tell you about the older models.

I just got some further info on the boat in question. Stern is starting to rot, their is a "mystery" leak somewhere around the trim tabs, stress cracks, cockpit cushions all need redone, etc. Pretty rough shape, not sure if I have the time to do all the TLC that would be required.

And no trailer, which means I'd have to buy one. Think I'm gonna pass...

Mike, Just saw an ad in boattraderonline for a 1990 Mach One in Highland, MI. Not the same one as they are asking in the 30's but thought you may want to take a look.