High Speed Boating Questions >

High Speed Boating Questions

Notices

High Speed Boating Questions

Old 06-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bert4332
IMO, he should be there to fine tune the obvisous and showing more advanced driving and not to teach something that would be so critical regardless of seat time.

???
Old 06-01-2009, 09:58 PM
Registered

Drives trimmed too much means what? That instead of being level, the drives were pointed up, so they would lever the front end of the boat up out of the water?
Old 06-01-2009, 10:10 PM
Registered

I think a lot of people use different terminology, but yes, trim tabs pointed down forces the bow down, assists getting on plane from the start. Use of them while on plane will give you more balance but also creates more drag, less top end.

I played with mine all weekend in turns, not sure if I'm doing something dangerous or not, if I was turning left I would drop my left tab down, tuck my drive and do the opposite when coming out of the turn. This is the kind of advice that would be nice to have by someone with a proven race driving record.
Old 06-01-2009, 10:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OkieTunnel
???
What I'm saying is that he should not have to waste his time with something that could be learned else where, you only have him for a certain amount of time and if I can pick something from a former/current performance driver, practice it and then have Tres perfect it, I would that more of a better driver in the same amount of time.

Last edited by bert4332; 06-01-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-02-2009, 07:57 AM
Registered

Received 1,329 Likes on 742 Posts

I played with mine all weekend in turns, not sure if I'm doing something dangerous or not, if I was turning left I would drop my left tab down, tuck my drive and do the opposite when coming out of the turn. This is the kind of advice that would be nice to have by someone with a proven race driving record.
I can't recall, is your boat a stepped hull?
Old 06-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Registered

No, so I have it pretty easy!
Old 06-02-2009, 04:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by SeeYouThere
Drives trimmed too much means what? That instead of being level, the drives were pointed up, so they would lever the front end of the boat up out of the water?
A boat is like a teetertotter. Push the back down and the front will go up. Trimming up the drives makes the props want to dive, therefore pushing the stern down, bow up. Now add in a roller and 60+mph speed and you are landing on your transom. Most dangerous scenario I know of that will be routinely encounter on any large body of water and regarding handling skills.