Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Picked up my new boat today!!!! >

Picked up my new boat today!!!!

Notices

Picked up my new boat today!!!!

Old 03-26-2002, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah, the steering wheel may need replacing, but I'm gonna do it when I do the guages and throttles/shifts and dash panel...

Forrest...I'll probably just add a changer and then pick up some speaks from you...the Blaupunkts are okay, but I'll have to upgrade 'em. When the stereo finally kicks the bucket, I'll go for the Sony MP3/CD unit.

Any thoughts on a changer unit?

Ron---my lips are sealed Suffice it to say, TradeOnline's hit count is about to go down substantially since I found this bad boy. You can expect to pay 50-70K for a TRS Cafe Racer and no less than 70 for a Bravo Cafe. Lemme tell you from experience, though...50K don't get you much even for a TRS boat...the ones I looked at were pretty rough, and modified(paint and such) too much for my taste.

Even the Bravo Cafe at Jay's place(Castaline) went for 60K and it needed a complete cockpit interior, the cabin smelled REAL bad. The motors were rebuilt, but it looked like it was left in the water quite a bit which took it's toll on the running gear. Other than that the hull was in great shape. I still think the new owner did get a pretty good deal though.

Sean
Old 03-26-2002, 07:20 PM
GRH

BEAUTIFUL..... TIMELESS... You are a lucky man.... Best of luck for a long, hot, trouble-free summer.... ENJOY....

Old 03-26-2002, 07:25 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great looking Cafe Sean! the guy I bought my Cig off of was the original owner and kept a lot of paper work and passed it along to me. This is off of a price sheet effective September 16, 1987.
Cigarette Cafe Racer 35
Twin Mercruiser 420 Engines/TRS Drives
$148,500
There is another sheet for optional equipment and accessories.
Cordell
Old 03-26-2002, 07:32 PM
FWK

Sean If you are going with the sony then stay with sony. The wired remote is the best feature. Blaupunkt Houston was the first with a remote. We had to put a mirror in the cabin to bounce the ir signal back then. Just let me know I am jealous. Forrest

Old 03-26-2002, 07:36 PM
Registered

Thanks Forrest, I'l be in touch.

Cgarett...I found similar paperwork! I have the original briefcase that every new owner got with the Cigarette logo on it and the owners manual(typewritten) and the Mercruiser manuals...everything was there!

I also found the a similar price scrawled on a piece of paper in this briefcase...the owner paid half at the boat show and half when he picked up the boat. it spent many years in Key West also...
Old 03-26-2002, 08:04 PM
Registered

Sean:
Congrats on the new boat!!!!! She is sweet!!!!! You just have to love those lines...THOSE AGELESS...CLASSIC LINES...You`ll be riding in a piece of history... not just a lump of fiberglass!!! Its must be like winning LOTTO!!!! Finding a boat that clean- and having the money to buy it?? I didn`t know that there were any original 1987`s any more... Good Luck and see you on the water??
CHEERS
TOM
Old 03-26-2002, 08:29 PM
Registered

Tommy,

Hope to see you around this summer...I didn't see you at all last summer...what's the deal??

ya gotta make some runs to Claudios with us!!

Sean
Old 03-26-2002, 08:35 PM
Wildfire

WOW!

Great looking boat. Now get online and post all the photos to thunderboatalley. We want to see all the good stuff up close.

Old 03-26-2002, 08:41 PM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

real nice boat man!!!!!.......with something that original and that good I would consider leaving the dash and everything all stock.....
Old 03-26-2002, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sean, Great looking ride! I love the cafe racers They have such great looking lines. I wish you the best with her.

Quick Reply: Picked up my new boat today!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.