Tyler Crockett Engines  What's Up? >

Tyler Crockett Engines What's Up?

Notices

Tyler Crockett Engines What's Up?

Old 05-29-2009, 06:58 AM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=Airpacker;2875437]Having just spent the last 3 days in Tylers shop, I can honestly say he sucks. His friends are too friendly. His fridge only has cold beer in it and worst of all, he only squeezed 902hp out of my 509 today.

Yesirree, Tyler sucks

Thanks again Tyler

And I did all that and answered the phone at least 50 times in 1 day. No wonder why I needed to get away a week to relax but instead we filmed for a show with the Nasboat on Lake Norman. While I was there a guy from Atlanta, Georgia brought his boat down that would not run right and I tuned his fuel injection and he picked up 3mph and he left happy. I had another guy that was going to bring his boat down from Smith Mountain Lake but could not get a truck. I drove a total of 6 hours out of my way on the way home to stop and tune his boat and he gained 4mph. Wait my week vacation is not over I stopped in West Virginia on the way home and picked up a customers boat to haul back to the shop to rebuild his engine because he had no way to pull it out himself. When I finally got back to the shop at 9:30 at nite Wed there were 3 customers there waiting for me to dyno their engines. I got this short I have to go work out then get to work
Old 05-29-2009, 07:06 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

[QUOTE=TylerCrockett;2875509]
Originally Posted by Airpacker
Having just spent the last 3 days in Tylers shop, I can honestly say he sucks. His friends are too friendly. His fridge only has cold beer in it and worst of all, he only squeezed 902hp out of my 509 today.

Yesirree, Tyler sucks

Thanks again Tyler

And I did all that and answered the phone at least 50 times in 1 day. No wonder why I needed to get away a week to relax but instead we filmed for a show with the Nasboat on Lake Norman. While I was there a guy from Atlanta, Georgia brought his boat down that would not run right and I tuned his fuel injection and he picked up 3mph and he left happy. I had another guy that was going to bring his boat down from Smith Mountain Lake but could not get a truck. I drove a total of 6 hours out of my way on the way home to stop and tune his boat and he gained 4mph. Wait my week vacation is not over I stopped in West Virginia on the way home and picked up a customers boat to haul back to the shop to rebuild his engine because he had no way to pull it out himself. When I finally got back to the shop at 9:30 at nite Wed there were 3 customers there waiting for me to dyno their engines. I got this short I have to go work out then get to work
And don't forget, you still have about 5 million phone messages waiting too. Now, get your lazy arse to work man.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:14 AM
Charter Member #928
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok Tyler, I'll pat you on the back so you won't have to do it.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by JasonSmith
I bought Tyler's 454/502 MPI Whipple kit for twins. I opted to provide my own heads. He provided everything else. Cam, springs, fuel cooler, fuel pump & regulator & ecm tune.
It all worked out ok with the exception of the ecm tune. I had to get my own stuff for tuning the ecm's.
It runs really well for a Baja & I am happy with it. I just wish Tyler & I could have gotten it all worked out.
Funny how some people think using the "Plug and Play" method of tuning is the big ticket. I spent 8 hrs on Tylers dyno yesterday and watched him use a base program for a 420 blown 509 as a starting point for my 420 blown 509. Note I said STARTING POINT.

I bet Tyler made close to 500 changes to that program to get my motor to the point where HE was satisfied with it. I was way more than satisfied, about 100 HP more. Even when it was about as close as you can get, he made a dozen or two more changes and 3 more pulls to be sure it was right and found another 17hp in the final trim.

A mail order ecm tune will run a motor. Maybe even run it well but a custom tune is what every motor needs to be perfect.

Maybe you should have brought the motors to Ruby, shared a cold one or two and alot of laughs with his old buddy Bob and watched while Tyler used his knowledge and talent to make your motors right or had him come and tune yours after you got the boat on the water. Both services well worth paying for and a small price to pay as a percentage of the investment in high performance marine engines don't ya think?
Old 05-29-2009, 09:06 AM
Registered

Funny how some people think using the "Plug and Play" method of tuning is the big ticket. I spent 8 hrs on Tylers dyno yesterday and watched him use a base program for a 420 blown 509 as a starting point for my 420 blown 509. Note I said STARTING POINT.

I bet Tyler made close to 500 changes to that program to get my motor to the point where HE was satisfied with it. I was way more than satisfied, about 100 HP more. Even when it was about as close as you can get, he made a dozen or two more changes and 3 more pulls to be sure it was right and found another 17hp in the final trim.

A mail order ecm tune will run a motor. Maybe even run it well but a custom tune is what every motor needs to be perfect.

Maybe you should have brought the motors to Ruby, shared a cold one or two and alot of laughs with his old buddy Bob and watched while Tyler used his knowledge and talent to make your motors right or had him come and tune yours after you got the boat on the water. Both services well worth paying for and a small price to pay as a percentage of the investment in high performance marine engines don't ya think?
That is what I should have done & the plan was for Tyler to be at Lake Travis later in the season and we would meet there & he would do some fine tuning.
I was assured that the tune was going to be close & that he actually had just completed another customer's motor with a identical setup.
I got the ECMs back & the motors would barely run. It had so much fuel in it it would foul out a set of plugs in about a minute.
It was NOT right!
I was lucky enough to have been beta testing for a company developing some tuning software & got the problems worked out.
We were able to pull the program Tyler had loaded on the ECMs & do some trouble shooting. Turns out the program was for a 588" supercharged motor, according to the math.
After I sent the ECMs back 2 times, on my dime I got back the same tune 2 times. I asked Tyler for some help & he refused & blamed the problem on a bad sensor or combination of bad sensors, all of which were brand new. I offered to send him the .bin files for my tune for tweaking & he refused. I asked for a partial refund on the tune he provided & he refused.
I see it as I gave the man several opportunities to, not make it right, but make it better than what it was & he just flat out refused.
I called & called & called, but he would never return my calls. I the even tried having my credit card company contact him & still nothing.
I'm the one in a million who had a bad experience. I'm not calling anyone a liar or doubting the level of your satisfaction. I'm simply stating the fact that I had a problem, my problem was ignored.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Michigan Mad Man
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is what I should have done & the plan was for Tyler to be at Lake Travis later in the season and we would meet there & he would do some fine tuning.
I was assured that the tune was going to be close & that he actually had just completed another customer's motor with a identical setup.
I got the ECMs back & the motors would barely run. It had so much fuel in it it would foul out a set of plugs in about a minute.
It was NOT right!
I was lucky enough to have been beta testing for a company developing some tuning software & got the problems worked out.
We were able to pull the program Tyler had loaded on the ECMs & do some trouble shooting. Turns out the program was for a 588" supercharged motor, according to the math.
After I sent the ECMs back 2 times, on my dime I got back the same tune 2 times. I asked Tyler for some help & he refused & blamed the problem on a bad sensor or combination of bad sensors, all of which were brand new. I offered to send him the .bin files for my tune for tweaking & he refused. I asked for a partial refund on the tune he provided & he refused.
I see it as I gave the man several opportunities to, not make it right, but make it better than what it was & he just flat out refused.
I called & called & called, but he would never return my calls. I the even tried having my credit card company contact him & still nothing.
I'm the one in a million who had a bad experience. I'm not calling anyone a liar or doubting the level of your satisfaction. I'm simply stating the fact that I had a problem, my problem was ignored.

I am not on here to argue with you but this will be the last thing I say...... You said in earlier you bought everything but the heads from me. That could have been the biggest problem if your heads flowed like dog chit you were not moving the air that would make the engine run rich. As far as bin files I use GM software those don't mean anything to me but to be filed in the trash bin. And last of all you said it all you guys tuned your engine off of MY STARTING CALIBRATION that's why you did not get your money back for the ecu tuning. Then you called your credit card co and tried getting your money refunded for not only the ecu programming but for all the parts too. That's when I was done with you and I forgot all about you until you popped off in a thread where you don't belong D-Bag.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Charter Member #928
Charter Member

Originally Posted by TylerCrockett
I am not on here to argue with you but this will be the last thing I say...... You said in earlier you bought everything but the heads from me. That could have been the biggest problem if your heads flowed like dog chit you were not moving the air that would make the engine run rich. As far as bin files I use GM software those don't mean anything to me but to be filed in the trash bin. And last of all you said it all you guys tuned your engine off of MY STARTING CALIBRATION that's why you did not get your money back for the ecu tuning. Then you called your credit card co and tried getting your money refunded for not only the ecu programming but for all the parts too. That's when I was done with you and I forgot all about you until you popped off in a thread where you don't belong D-Bag.
Left, right uppercut. out!
Old 05-29-2009, 01:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

[QUOTE=TylerCrockett;2875509]
Having just spent the last 3 days in Tylers shop, I can honestly say he sucks. His friends are too friendly. His fridge only has cold beer in it and worst of all, he only squeezed 902hp out of my 509 today.

Yesirree, Tyler sucks

Thanks again Tyler

More business than time available, that is a good thing. Keep up the good work.
Old 05-29-2009, 01:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by TylerCrockett
Mostly true. You never called back, never offered any support of your product and you just wrote me off after you got my money. Hmmmmm, isn't that what this thread is about? Seems like someone here besides me is the D-bag.
Old 05-29-2009, 03:21 PM
Registered

Mostly true. You never called back, never offered any support of your product and you just wrote me off after you got my money. Hmmmmm, isn't that what this thread is about? Seems like someone here besides me is the D-bag.
It seems like the only thing you were unhappy with was the programming of the ECU's. Why would you try to do a "charge back" with your credit card company on everything?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.